Pasiparu payasam moong dal kheer. Kheer and payasam are the terms that refer to Indian puddings mostly cooked with milk. Moong dal payasam is a traditional South Indian variety & is also known as paruppu payasam or parippu payasam. Moong dal payasam tastes delicious with an unique aroma of the roasted moong dal, ghee and jaggery.
This popular Moongdal kheer is pasiparupu payasam in Tamil, Pesara Pappu payasam in Telugu and Cherupayar parippu payasam in Malayalam. Pasi paruppu payasam, as it is known in Tamil Nadu, is made with cooked moong dal, jaggery and milk as the main ingredients. Transfer both the dals to a bowl and wash in water. You can cook Pasiparu payasam moong dal kheer using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pasiparu payasam moong dal kheer
- You need 1 cup of moong dal.
- It’s 50 gm of sago (sabudana).
- It’s 1 cup of jaggery.
- Prepare 2 cup of coconut milk.
- It’s 3 tbsp of coconut chunk.
- You need 4-5 of cashews.
- Prepare 4-5 of raisins.
- You need 3 of cardamon.
- It’s 3 tbsp of coconut oil.
Fry moong dal with little ghee until you get the roasted fragrance, also you should not let it brown too much. After done, mix well in a mashing way and add powdered jaggery to this. Dry roast the moong dal on medium flame till you get a nice aroma and the dal turns a light golden brown. Blend well. moong dal payasam recipe
Pasiparu payasam moong dal kheer instructions
- Dry roast the moong dal until aroma comes.. Wash the dal 2 tyms.. And cook for 2 whistle.
- On the other side cook the sabudana (sago) until it's become transparent.
- After that transfer the cooked moong dal into a wide cook pan..add the cook sago.
- Cook for few mins add jaggery… Cook until it's get dissolve.. Add coconut milk.. Let it comes to boil.
- Add the cardamon crush…. Heat coconut oil.. Roast the coconut chunk and nuts.
- Transfer the roasted ingredients nuts into the kheer cook until it becomes thick..serve it.
pasi paruppu payasam with detailed photo and video recipe. a popular south indian style of kheer recipe made with moong dal and coconut milk. it is a traditional dessert recipe made especially for celebration feast or for the festival like makara sankranti. it is a healthy indian sweet as the sweetness is derived from the coconut milk and jaggery. Rinse ½ cup moong dal (pasi paruppu) a couple of times. Place this pan in a pressure cooker. After a lot of thought I decided to share " Moong dal kheer / Moong Dal Payasam " as it is one of the most common payasam made and devoured during festive seasons in South India. Pasi Paruppu Payasam-Payatham Paruppu Payasam-Moong Dal Kheer Recipe without coconut milk.