Bread Halwa / Double ka Meetha. Double Ka Meetha Recipe In Telugu How to Make Bread Halwa Sweet It is also popular as Double ka Meetha.
Bread sweet is an amazing dessert receipe famous is Hydrabed. I am a big fan of this dessert, usally in muslim marriages they use to serve this bread sweet or bread halwa along with Biriyani. Double ka meetha or bread halwa making of double ka meetha treditional hyderabadi desert bread halwa recipe video in tamil.world's best double ka meetha You can cook Bread Halwa / Double ka Meetha using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bread Halwa / Double ka Meetha
- Prepare 6 of white bread loaves.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 TBSP of Chopped Almond.
- Prepare 2 TBSP of Cashewnut.
- Prepare of Ghee / clarified butter as required.
- Prepare 1/4 of spn Cardamom powder.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare Pinch of saffron / Turmeric (avoid food colour).
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
Hyderabadi Double Ka Meetha is a delicious dessert recipe that is popularly made on the day of Eid. It is made using bread slices and reduced milk and is loaded with dry fruits for a delicious. It is an easy Sweet Recipe which is prepared with bread and is very famous in Hyderabad. Very soft and tasty recipe for kids.
Bread Halwa / Double ka Meetha step by step
- Trim the sides of bread and cut into pieces..
- Pour milk in pan and boil. Add saffron or turmeric to milk and wait until milk reduce to become mewa/kova texture. Keep a side.
- In a pan add ghee and roast Almond and cashew till golden brown and in left over ghee fry bread slices till golden brown and keep a side.
- Add sugar in pan and wait till caramelised. Add water to caramelised sugar in medium flame and Wait untill 1string consistency. Add salt a pinch to syrup..
- Add bread pieces to sugar syrup and give a mix. Add mewa/kova and mix for 2 min on high flame. Sprinkle cardamom powder. Don't mash the bread completely, it's gives excellent taste..
- Add roasted nuts. Serve warm.
- Note: Salt enhances the sweetness.
Are you bored of preparing bread sandwich and bread toast out of bread, here is a very popular and delicious Hyderabadi dessert Double roti ka meeta Double roti means bread and meeta means sweet, hence the name double ka meeta. I learnt this dish from a Hyderabadi friend. Double Roti ka Halwa recipe (Indian bread pudding/Bread Halwa) Double ka meetha is a popular dessert from the Hyderabadi cuisine. This sweet dish is known as double ka meetha as bread is used to make it. Bread or pav is also called as Double roti in a few Indian states.