Thandai kheer. Enjoy the festival of colours with festival of ingredients. Thandai Kheer is easy and sure to bring more joy to the Indian Festivity of Holi. #holi #kheer. Make this thandai kheer and enjoy the unique taste and texture.
Thandai Indian Rice Kheer, my version of serving up Thandai in an Indian rice pudding, or kheer as locally called. Flavoured delicately, this indulgent rice pudding hits all the right notes. Thandai recipe with step by step photos and video – This is an easy recipe of refreshing thandai drink for the Holi festival. You can have Thandai kheer using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thandai kheer
- Prepare 1 litre of full fat milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of rice.
- You need 2 spoons of thandai masala.
It is a traditional drink, popular in the northern parts of India. Its made with a mix of. Thandai is an Indian cold drink prepared with a mixture of almonds, fennel seeds, watermelon kernels, rose petals, pepper, vetiver seeds, cardamom, saffron, milk and sugar. Homemade Thandai Powder is great to flavor milk or desserts!
Thandai kheer instructions
- Take rice in a bowl and wash with water. then soak for 5 minutes..
- Now steam rice for 10 minutes for using later..
- Now take a heavy bottom pan and add milk for boil. Keep stirring while milk is boiling until it reduces more than half in quantity..
- Now add sugar, steamed rice and Thandai masala to it..
- Mix well and cool until it become thick..
- Now cool down to the room temperature and then put in refrigerator..
- Now serve chilled Thandai kheer for this holi..
Thandai Powder is a versatile masala powder that you easily make at home. With the flavors of cardamom, saffron, rose and loaded. Sweetened gently with jaggery, the flavours of almond, cardamom and saffron just shine. Thandai is a very refreshing spicy cold drink with aromatic flavors; main ingredients are almond, milk, sugar and some spices. This thandai recipe is very easy to make at home with easily available ingredients in your kitchen.