Thandai Kheer. Enjoy the festival of colours with festival of ingredients. Thandai Kheer is easy and sure to bring more joy to the Indian Festivity of Holi. #holi #kheer. Make this thandai kheer and enjoy the unique taste and texture.
Thandai Indian Rice Kheer, my version of serving up Thandai in an Indian rice pudding, or kheer as locally called. Flavoured delicately, this indulgent rice pudding hits all the right notes. Thandai recipe with step by step photos and video – This is an easy recipe of refreshing thandai drink for the Holi festival. You can cook Thandai Kheer using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thandai Kheer
- You need 1 tbsp of ghee.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of rice.
- Prepare 1 litre of full cream milk.
- You need 15 of saffron socked in 2 tbsp milk.
- You need 3 tbsp of Thandai masala powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need of Some almonds and pistachios chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of elaichi powder.
It is a traditional drink, popular in the northern parts of India. Its made with a mix of. Thandai is an Indian cold drink prepared with a mixture of almonds, fennel seeds, watermelon kernels, rose petals, pepper, vetiver seeds, cardamom, saffron, milk and sugar. Homemade Thandai Powder is great to flavor milk or desserts!
Thandai Kheer step by step
- Wash the rice and soak in enough water.
- Heat ghee in heavy bottom pan.
- Add milk.
- Once the milk comes to a boil simmer the heat.
- Add soaked rice and cook on low heat till the rice is proper cook and the milk is reduced to half and thickened.
- Add sugar saffron milk and all dry fruits and elaichi powder and thandai masala powder.
- Transfer the kheer in a pot and chill in refrigerator.
- Garnish with dry fruits.
- Serve chilled.
- Keep in mind that kheer will thicken some more once cooled.
Thandai Powder is a versatile masala powder that you easily make at home. With the flavors of cardamom, saffron, rose and loaded. Sweetened gently with jaggery, the flavours of almond, cardamom and saffron just shine. Thandai is a very refreshing spicy cold drink with aromatic flavors; main ingredients are almond, milk, sugar and some spices. This thandai recipe is very easy to make at home with easily available ingredients in your kitchen.