Vanilla Panna Cotta & Berry Coulis.
You can cook Vanilla Panna Cotta & Berry Coulis using 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vanilla Panna Cotta & Berry Coulis
- Prepare of ~For the Panna Cotta~.
- Prepare 2 Cups of double thick/ heavy cream.
- You need 1/2 Cup of full cream milk.
- You need 1/2 Cup of double thick yoghurt.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 1.5 Teaspoons of powered gelatin.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- You need of ~For the Coulis~.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of blackberries.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of raspberries.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of water.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of sugar.
- You need of ~For decor~.
- It’s of Fresh berries (I usually buy a punnet of mixed berries).
- Prepare of Some Strawberries.
- Prepare of Edible flours (optional but makes the dish look lovely).
Vanilla Panna Cotta & Berry Coulis instructions
- Place the cream into a pot with the vanilla essence. Bring to a simmer on a low heat..
- Once simmering, add the sugar until dissolved. Do not over stir..
- While the cream is simmering, place the milk into a bowl and add the gelatine to soften it. Let it soften for at least 5 minutes..
- Once the gelatine is softened add the milk-gelatine mix to the cream. Simmer and stir occasionally until the gelatine is dissolved..
- Once the mixture is smooth add and mix in the yoghurt. Take the mixture off the heat..
- Fill 6 ramekins or if you don't have ramekins, which I don't, you can use round teacups or even whiskey glasses. Once filled, place plastic wrap over the top of the glasses/teacups/ramekins and place in the fridge. They take about 6 hours to set..
- While the Panna Cottas are setting, you can get started on the berry coulis..
- Place all ingredients for the coulis in a pot on a low heat. Let the berries simmer until they are starting to resemble a softened jam like consistency. Then take them off the heat..
- Blend the berry mixture until smooth. Add a bit of water if necessary to get to the right consistency. Once done place the coulis in the fridge to cool..
- Once the Panna Cottas are set (you can see this by gently tipping the glass, if it moves around its not ready) remove them from the fridge..
- Fill a bowl with hot water and dip the ramekins/glasses into it. Gently slide a smooth knife around the edge of the glass..
- Place your coulis on a plate/bowl (depending on your preference). Then invert the glass containing your Panna Cotta. It should slide out with ease but if not place the glass back into the hot water for a few more seconds..
- Decorate with your choice of berries and edible flowers..
- Finally enjoy!.