Modak kheer. Ukadiche modaks are maharastrian modak where the modaks are made from ukad or rice flour dough. Ukadiche modaks are maharastrian Modak where the modaks are made from ukad or rice flour dough. Kheer Modak is an unique modak recipe which is made with chena or cottage cheese and khoya with milk and sugar.
These are extremely delicious and can be prepared at home for a sweet treat. Here is a sugar-free modak recipe you can try at home. Then add khoya, milk and cook until its thick. You can cook Modak kheer using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Modak kheer
- Prepare 1 cup of rice flour.
- You need as required of Hot water to make the dough.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of Coconut grated.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cardamom powder.
Add sugar, dry fruit and kesar. Put it in Modak mould and set it in chiller for one hour. We eagerly wait to bite into the white dumpling stuffed with jaggery and coconut and steamed to perfection. Add a dollop of ghee on it, and let the feast begin.
Modak kheer instructions
- To make this kheer we first need to make a soft dough of rice flour. For the same, boil 2 cups of water for every one cup of rice flour with little salt and ghee. Add in the rice flour slowly while stirring and cook till it forms a dough. Alternatively, make the rice flour dough just the way you would make dough for Roti by adding hot water little by little.To the rice flour add some salt and on the side boil some water..
- Add hot water little by little and mix using a fork or spoon since it would be too hot to use your hand. To the dough add in a spoon or two of powdered sugar. This makes the rice balls sweet and tasty.Make very smalls balls(grape size) and to make them you can grease your hands with ghee or water. Once done, steam the rice balls for five minutes by placing them in a perforated plate or vessel over steaming water. You can also use a pressure cooker without weight and steam them for exactly 5 mins.
- A very important step, Skipping this makes the rice flour balls hard and chewy in the milk.While steaming the balls of the dough let the milk simmer on the other side. Add sugar, cardamom, and grated coconut..
Here's a kickstart for your journey towards a healthy diet. Modak Kheer Recipe – Coconut stuffed rice flour dumplings cooked in milk. Kheer is a traditional Indian dessert made using milk, rice and a sweetener. Instead of rice it can also be made with other ingredients like vermicelli, sago and even with carrots. But rice kheer is the traditional one.