Hyderabadi Kaddu ki kheer. Kaddu ki Kheer – Maimoona Yasmeen's Recipes. Kaddu Ki Kheer or Bottle gourd sweet from Maimoona Yasmeen's Recipes. Garnish with sliced almonds, cashews and pistachios.
There are several other kaddu/lauki recipes on the blog like lauki ki sabji, kaddu ka dalcha, sorakaya pachadi, sorakaya pappu etc… It is a very rich, delicious, creamy dessert loaded with heavy ingredients and is. Keep this aside, this is your sugar syrup. Pumpkin is called as Gummadikaya in telugu and Kaddu in hindi. You can have Hyderabadi Kaddu ki kheer using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hyderabadi Kaddu ki kheer
- It’s 1 cup of Grated ghiya/Kaddu.
- It’s 1 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 kg of full fat Milk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Rice coursely grinded.
- Prepare 1 cup of Khoya/ mawa.
- Prepare as needed of Chopped nuts (optional).
- Prepare as needed of Kewra water (optional).
In most parts of India, Pumpkin is a symbol of festivity, these are used during various pooja like Today iam sharing a simple kaddu ki kheer recipe called as gummadikaya payasam in my mother tongue. Kaddu Ki Kheer or Kaddu Ka Kheer Recipe is a hyderabadi kheer recipe. It is also known as Pumpkin Kheer. Then you just have to try the Kaddu ki Kheer, an Indian dessert that is an absolute winner with those who have a sweet tooth.
Hyderabadi Kaddu ki kheer step by step
- Heat milk in a tope and add ghiya and coursely grinded rice flour.cook it on low flame till milk is reduced and rice and ghiya is done. Stir it occasionally..
- When milk is reduced add sugar and mava and stirring occasionally cook again till sugar dissolves. (At this stage you can add chopped nuts and kewra water #optional.).
- Ready to serve.. Serve chilled..
Add grated kaddu and cook till it turns soft. Mix condensed milk and sugar well. Once the sugar is dissolved, add soaked sabudana. I prepared Kaddu ki Kheer on the second day of the celebrations of the Eid-ul-Fitr, after coming back from work. Its a pity that its not a public holiday on the religious festivals.