Parippu payasam(Dal kheer). Paruppu payasam is a traditional South Indian pudding made with moong dal, jaggery, ghee & coconut milk. Pasi paruppu payasam. is moong dal payasam or also known as pasi paruppu payasam known for its flavour and taste. recipe. it includes recipes like rice kheer, carrot kheer, almond kheer, vermicelli kheer, aval payasam, paneer payasam and sabudan kheer recipe. in addition i request. Dal Kheer is a delicious sweet dish made with moong dal, jaggery, milk, ghee and nuts.
Rinse ½ cup moong dal (pasi paruppu) a. Parippu Payasam – Moong Dal Kheer with coconut milk, a Kerala delicacy. Pasi Paruppu Payasam-Payatham Paruppu Payasam-Moong Dal Kheer Recipe without coconut milk. You can cook Parippu payasam(Dal kheer) using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Parippu payasam(Dal kheer)
- It’s 1 bowl of moong daal.
- Prepare 1 big spoon of chana daal / bengal gram(optional).
- Prepare 2-3 cups of second coconut milk(refer notes).
- Prepare 1 cup of first coconut milk(refer notes).
- You need 200-250 grms of jaggery (more//less according to your sweetness).
- It’s pinch of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of jeera powder /cumin powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cardomom powder.
- Prepare as needed of few cashews.
- You need as needed of few raisins.
- Prepare as needed of few coconut pieces.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ghee.
This is a very traditional Tamil Brahmin style of making paruppu payasam. It does not require coconut milk. Ganesha Chaturthi Recipe Moong Dal Kheer Recipe, Easy Kheer Recipe Moong dal payasam is something I really like though I make it rare, it always reminds me of our neighbor aunt whom used to share yellow and green moong dal payasam on every. Fry moong dal with little ghee until you get the roasted fragrance.
Parippu payasam(Dal kheer) instructions
- Dry roast the dal till nice aroma comes and colour changes to golden brown. After roasting wash the dals (it's roasted first to get a flavourfull taste).
- Pressure cook the dals with coconut milk 2 cups and pinch of salt, on medium flame for 2-3 whistles. It should be cooked but not mushy (I like biting the dals)..
- Melt jaggery in a glass of water,let it cool and strain it to remove the impurities and keep aside..
- Pour the 2 and coconut milk (1 cup) and pour the jaggery water in the dal and let it boil, put the spices and let it boil for 5 mins. Add the first coconut milk and boil for a minute and switch off the flame..
- Take a pan add ghee and roast the coconut pieces, cashews and raisins and pour over the paysam..
- Mix well and enjoy..
- Notes: Donot cook on high after 1 st coconut milk is added. just mix well for just a boil and switch off. 2) Take 1 1/2 coconut, grate it finely. In a processor or grinder add the coconut with a cup hot water and process for a minute,then squeeze it for milk. This gives you 1 cup thick milk. Return coconut to grinder with 2 cups hot water and again process for couple of minutes and squeeze again,this will give you 2 and milk..
- It can be kept in fridge for 3-4 days. It tastes good as hot as well as cold. It tastes awesome after a day. The paysam gets thicker with time so switch off accordingly. If the paysam is thick add little hot water to thin it while serving..
Pasi Paruppu also known Paitham Paruppu Payasam is a simple South Indian sweet pudding made during festivals. But you can increase the amount if you prefer cooking the dal with milk, instead of water as I have done. Pasi Paruppu Payasam / Moong dal Kheer is a family favorite and its my dad's most loved dessert. I remember amma used to make it quite frequently and a lot too. We love to have it cold and simply dilute with little milk before enjoying this flavorful payasam.