Green Moong Dal KHEER. Split moong beans or green moong dal is green gram that has been split but not skinned. Since the husk is not removed completely, the green colour is Cooked moong dal along with jaggery and milk is used in Tamil Nadu to make an elaichi-tinged kheer, called payasam. • Split moong beans can also. Moong dal kheer or payesh is a delicious dessert recipe.
Green Moong Dal – homely recipe of dal made with whole green moong beans. Rinse ½ cup of moong dal (split This Moong dal tadka is a vegan recipe of mung lentils cooked with onion, tomatoes, ginger and then tempered with cumin, garlic, green chili and. Green moong dal is a homely dal. You can cook Green Moong Dal KHEER using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Green Moong Dal KHEER
- Prepare 1 cup of boiled Green moong dal.
- You need 1/2 ltr of boiled milk.
- It’s 50 gm of grated Khoya /mawa (milk solid).
- You need 2 tbsp of Khajur Gud (Date Jaggery).
- It’s 2 tsp / more of Brown sugar (as per need).
- It’s 1/3 tsp of dry Ginger power (Sonth).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Coconut powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Clarified butter (Deshi ghee).
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped dry fruits.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cardamom powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
It's a very tasty dal – but not something you'd find in a restaurant. This is the kind of dal you'd eat at someone's house. The kind of dal you probably ate on a regular basis if you grew up with Indian parents. Whole green moong dal recipe – is very easy to make and healthy recipe.
Green Moong Dal KHEER instructions
- Heat the Ghee in a wok. Fry the dry fruits in low medium flame. Remove and keep aside..
- To the remaining ghee in the wok add the green moong dal paste and fry for 2 minutes on low medium heat. Now add milk and mawa to the dal and keep stirring. Then add Jaggery and/or brown sugar and salt, Coconut powder and Sonth or dry Ginger powder..
- Cook for 2 mins without covering the wok. Switch off the flame and mix the Cardamon power and fried dry fruits. Yummy and tasty Green Moong Dal Kheer is ready to serve. Thanks..
- Grated Coconut and Jaggery.
It is simmered with onion-tomato and basic spice powders. This moong dal recipe is very homey and requires very basic ingredients. For the variation and healthier option, try adding sprouted moong instead. This Moong Dal Kheer is healthy, nutritious and low fat. We all loved Moong Dal Kheer at home!