Thandai kheer. Enjoy the festival of colours with festival of ingredients. Thandai Kheer is easy and sure to bring more joy to the Indian Festivity of Holi. #holi #kheer. Make this thandai kheer and enjoy the unique taste and texture.
Thandai Indian Rice Kheer, my version of serving up Thandai in an Indian rice pudding, or kheer as locally called. Flavoured delicately, this indulgent rice pudding hits all the right notes. Thandai recipe with step by step photos and video – This is an easy recipe of refreshing thandai drink for the Holi festival. You can have Thandai kheer using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thandai kheer
- It’s 1 litre of full fat milk.
- Prepare of Sugar as per taste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of rice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fennel seed and mishri powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cardamom powder.
- It’s Pinch of black pepper powder.
- Prepare Pinch of cinnamon and clove powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of dry fruit powder.
It is a traditional drink, popular in the northern parts of India. Its made with a mix of. Thandai is an Indian cold drink prepared with a mixture of almonds, fennel seeds, watermelon kernels, rose petals, pepper, vetiver seeds, cardamom, saffron, milk and sugar. Homemade Thandai Powder is great to flavor milk or desserts!
Thandai kheer step by step
- Wash rice and soak for 15-20min..
- Heat milk into a pan, and add sugar to it..
- Mash soaked rice with hands and add into milk. Simmer for 10-12min on slow heat..
- Then add fennel seeds and mishri powder, cinnamon and clove powder, black pepper powder and cardamom powder. (Or use 2-3tbsp thandai masala, simmer for 5min then add some more if needed) and simmer for more 15-20min on low heat..
- Then turn off the heat and let it cool down completely. Then put it into fridge for 30-40min..
- Serve cold or chilled..
Thandai Powder is a versatile masala powder that you easily make at home. With the flavors of cardamom, saffron, rose and loaded. Sweetened gently with jaggery, the flavours of almond, cardamom and saffron just shine. Thandai is a very refreshing spicy cold drink with aromatic flavors; main ingredients are almond, milk, sugar and some spices. This thandai recipe is very easy to make at home with easily available ingredients in your kitchen.