Thandai kheer. In serving dish,add thandi kheer,garnish with almonds & pistachios. Thandai rice kheer is a perfect sweet to eat during the festival of holi. This five ingredient recipe is sure to make your Holi special!
Here is how to make Thandai Kheer. A milk-based summer drink, Thandai is synonymous with the festival of colors, Holi. Celebrated all over India, the festival is a riot up North. You can have Thandai kheer using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thandai kheer
- It’s of For kheer:.
- You need 2 tbsp of Soaked small grain rice.
- You need 5 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 750 ml of Full cream milk.
- You need of For Thandai masala:.
- You need 6 of Almonds.
- You need 6 of Cashews.
- You need 5 of Pistachios.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Melon seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of Fennel seeds.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Khus khus.
- It’s 4-5 of Black pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of Milk.
- Prepare of For garnish:.
- You need as needed of Rose petals.
Rice Kheer is an Indian desert which is made from rice, milk and sugar flavoured with cardamom powder and saffron. You can even use rose water or kewra water in this recipe. Thandai is basically a milk based summer drink which is served on special days and festive occasions like Holi and Mahashivratri. Thandai Flavored Rice Kheer is prepared with a mixture of fennel seeds, almonds, poppy seeds.
Thandai kheer instructions
- In non stick pan add all Thandai masala along with milk and cook for 5 min..
- Make into a fine paste..
- Heat deep bottom vessel. Add milk,Thandai masala paste and mix it well..
- When it comes to boil add soaked rice and reduce the flame..
- Keep stirring the kheer and cook for 10 min..
- Add sugar and mix it well. Cook for 5 min…
- Garnish with rose petals..
So, thandai is a refreshing Indian drink made using the thandai powder and milk. The powder is made with a mix of nuts, spices and aromatics. And this is then mixed in milk, sweetened with sugar and consumed. While this milkshake is also yummy, I decided to level up my festive food game. And so, this time I am making thandai kheer in coconut milk.