Thandai Kheer. Enjoy the festival of colours with festival of ingredients. Thandai Kheer is easy and sure to bring more joy to the Indian Festivity of Holi. #holi #kheer. Make this thandai kheer and enjoy the unique taste and texture.
Thandai Indian Rice Kheer, my version of serving up Thandai in an Indian rice pudding, or kheer as locally called. Flavoured delicately, this indulgent rice pudding hits all the right notes. Thandai recipe with step by step photos and video – This is an easy recipe of refreshing thandai drink for the Holi festival. You can have Thandai Kheer using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Thandai Kheer
- It’s of Ingredients for making thandai masala powder:-.
- It’s 2 tbsp of poppy seeds.
- It’s 2 tbsp of melon seeds.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fennel seeds.
- You need 12-15 of almonds.
- You need 10-12 of black pepper corns.
- You need 2 pinch of cinnamon powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder.
- You need 5-6 strands of saffron.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of dried rose petals.
- It’s of Ingredients for kheer:-.
- Prepare 2 litre of milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of basmati rice (washed and soaked for 15 minutes).
- Prepare 1/2 of condensed milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar(or according to taste).
- Prepare 4-5 of almonds chopped.
- You need 4-5 of pistachios chopped.
- You need 4-5 of cashews chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of charoli/chironjee.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cardamom powder.
- It’s as needed of Few strands saffron.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
It is a traditional drink, popular in the northern parts of India. Its made with a mix of. Thandai is an Indian cold drink prepared with a mixture of almonds, fennel seeds, watermelon kernels, rose petals, pepper, vetiver seeds, cardamom, saffron, milk and sugar. Homemade Thandai Powder is great to flavor milk or desserts!
Thandai Kheer instructions
- Firstly take all the ingredients of thandai masala and grind them to a fine powder. Add this powder to 1/2 cup milk. Mix well and keep aside..
- Heat a heavy bottom pan on medium to high flame. Add in the milk and let it boil..
- When the milk comes to a boil, add rice and reduce the flame..
- Keep stirring till the kheer remains one third of the original quantity..
- Add condensed milk, sugar, chopped nuts, thandai and milk mixture, cardamom powder and saffron..
- Mix well and let it cook for more 8-10 minutes on low flame..
- Switch off the flame. Garnish the kheer with some more nuts and serve..
- Or let it cool down completely and keep it in refrigerator. Serve chilled..
Thandai Powder is a versatile masala powder that you easily make at home. With the flavors of cardamom, saffron, rose and loaded. Sweetened gently with jaggery, the flavours of almond, cardamom and saffron just shine. Thandai is a very refreshing spicy cold drink with aromatic flavors; main ingredients are almond, milk, sugar and some spices. This thandai recipe is very easy to make at home with easily available ingredients in your kitchen.