Chana Dal Kheer. Chana dal payasam recipe With step by step photos. Payasam is the South Indian version of kheer made with milk or coconut milk as one of the main ingredient. This chana dal payasam also known as Kadalai paruppu payasam is a delicious payasam variety made with coconut milk, chana dal, jaggery and cardamom powder.
We make either this senaga pappu payasam or Poornam boorelu (with coconut and. Chana dal kheer or Kadalebele payasam – One of the most commonly prepared payasam or kheer prepared in coastal Karnataka region for any festival or special occasions ! There are many ways of making Chana dal kheer. You can cook Chana Dal Kheer using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chana Dal Kheer
- It’s 1 cup of boiled chana dal.
- You need 1 tsp of clarified butter.
- Prepare 2 tsp of soaked saffron.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped mixed dry fruits.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of milk powder.
- Prepare 3 cups of milk.
The recipe that I have shared here is the one typically followed in the region of coastal Karnataka. Detailed description […] Quite an interesting combination of chana dal paste with milk in the Chana dal kheer makes it a delicious dessert item. Soak almonds and Cashewnuts and add the paste to the kheer to add taste and richness to this special payasam or kheer recipe. Add milk to the cooked dal mixture and cook till all the milk is absorbed by the dal.
Chana Dal Kheer instructions
- Take a pan add clarified butter add nuts saute few seconds add boiled chana dal saute 2 minutes then add milk and cook for 10 minutes..
- After 10 minutes add sugar,milk powder and saffron milk mix.
- Then garnish with cardamom powder..
- Serve hot or cold..
Add saffron infused water and mix well. Add cardamom powder and hot water mix well (The mixture sizzles so be. Chana Dal Kheer, Kadalai Paruppu Payasam, Senaga Pappu Payasam is all easy kheer made with milk, chana dal and sweeten with jaggery. This is one of easy kheer or payasam recipe which taste delicious, served hot, warm or cold it's yum all the ways. This chana dal kheer is similar to moong dal kheer but of course the taste is different due to the different kind of dals used.