Oats & Gulkand Kheer. Buy Oat Milk Online The oat (Avena sativa), sometimes called the common oat, is a species of cereal grain grown for its seed, which is known by the same name (usually in the plural, unlike other cereals and pseudocereals). While oats are suitable for human consumption as oatmeal and oat milk, one of the most common uses is as livestock feed. Oats might help reduce cholesterol and blood sugar levels and control appetite by causing a feeling of fullness.
Oat groats, the most intact and whole form of oats, take a long time to cook. For this reason, most people prefer rolled. Whether loved or hated for their mushy yet hearty texture when cooked, oats are most prized for their nutritional value and health benefits. You can cook Oats & Gulkand Kheer using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oats & Gulkand Kheer
- Prepare 3 cups of milk.
- You need 3 tbsp. of oats.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of gulkand.
- You need 3 tbsp. of sugar or to taste.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of cardamom powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of rose water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of mixed nuts.
- You need pinch of saffron strands.
- It’s As needed of rose petals to garnish.
Oats (Avena sativa) are a cereal commonly eaten in the form of oatmeal or rolled oats. According to some research, they may have a range of potential health benefits. Rolled oats cook more quickly than steel-cut oats because they've been steamed and rolled out into large flakes. Instant or quick oats are steamed longer and rolled out into even flatter flakes.
Oats & Gulkand Kheer instructions
- Dry roast the oats for a minute or till you get a nice aroma coming through. Keep it aside. Bring the milk to a boil and add sugar, gulkand, cardamom powder and the oats..
- Keep simmering on a medium flame till it is reduced and becomes fairly thick. Add the rose water and keep aside to cool down. Then refrigerate till serving time..
- Garnish with chopped mixed nuts, rose petals and saffron. Serve this chilled kheer in individual bowls / short glasses as an after meal dessert or whenever you feel like. It also tastes delicious with poori or paratha..
Oats are among the world's healthiest grains and a good source of many vitamins, minerals, and unique plant compounds. Beta glucans, a type of soluble fiber in this grain, provide numerous health. Whole grains such as oats, wheat and barley contain healthy fiber, which improves regularity and digestive health. The term beta-glucan refers to soluble fibers found in foods, which are considered "heart healthy" by the FDA. We work to enhance quality of life by providing safe, caring & reliable transportation services.