Paysam, kheer made from Chana dal rice. How to make pesara pappu payasam. Chana dal payasam recipe With step by step photos. Chana Dal Rice Kheer is South Indian delicacy prepared mainly on the festive days.
Chana Dal Rice Kheer. by Radha Hoizal. Chana dal payasam / kheer recipe A staple sweet in Karnataka is varieties of payasa. Akki kadale bele payasa is a wholesome sweet dish and kids love it. You can cook Paysam, kheer made from Chana dal rice using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Paysam, kheer made from Chana dal rice
- You need 1 cup of rice.
- You need 3/4 cup of Chana dal.
- You need 3 cups of jaggery.
- It’s 1 Inch of cinnamon stick.
- You need 1 tsp of Cardamom powder.
- Prepare 7-8 of almonds.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need as needed of Ghee.
While adding dal to jaggery, make sure the flame is in simmer and you are constantly stirring it. Chana Dal Kheer, Senaga Pappu Payasam Recipe, Kadalai Paruppu Payasam, easy kheer recipe. how to make Chana dal kheer. Channa Dal payasam recipe-Kadala paruppu payasam-Easy Payasam recipe-Easy Kheer recipe. Sweet Dessert made of chana dal (kadalapparippu) and jaggery.
Paysam, kheer made from Chana dal rice instructions
- Soak Chana dal and rice separately for 1/2 hr..
- Pressure cooker dal till 5 whistles. Cook the rice till tender..
- Heat water and melt jaggery. Boil even after the jaggery melts..
- Now strain the jaggery water in another vessel, blend Chana dal with hand blender and add both Chana dal and rice to the jaggery water. Add salt and cinnamon stick. Let it Boil till it thickens..
- Now heat ghee and fry the almonds and put it in the Paysam. And add some chopped almonds too..
- Serve hot or chilled..
Mix it well till the crushed dal absorbs the syrup well and reaches a thick consistency. Have you ever eaten a dessert made with lentils?! Sweetened lentils are the star of this simple sweet dish! This moong dal payasam is made with small This Kerala style moong dal payasam is sweet, creamy and absolutely delicious! Moong dal payasam is basically the south Indian version of kheer.