Thandai Panna cotta with rose jelly. Great recipe for Thandai Panna cotta with rose jelly. I have used Greek yogurt in the recipe with a little cream which gives a nice creamy texture to it and the addition of Thandai gives a spicy edge to it because of the pepper present in the Thandai and the cooling rose syrup imparts the desired amount of sweetness. The garnish of pistachios, almonds and saffron with.
The garnish of pistachios, almonds and saffron with. The paste is made with almonds, pistachio, fennel seeds, black pepper, saffron, cardamom etc. Being a vegetarian, I have used Agar Agar instead of Gelatin. You can have Thandai Panna cotta with rose jelly using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thandai Panna cotta with rose jelly
- It’s 1/2 cup of homemade thandai powder or 1/4th cup thandai syrup.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of gelatin.
- It’s 4 tbsp of rose syrup.
- You need 1 cup of water for rose jelly.
- It’s 1 cup of fresh cream.
- Prepare 1/4 of th cup sugar.
Thandai Panna Cotta with Strawberry and Mango Coulis is everything you want a summer dessert to be. It is light, creamy, cold, sweet, fruity and definitely exotic. It's not just the thandai (Indian spiced almond milk) that makes this exotic. To make the panna cotta, heat the milk, cream, vanilla and sugar in a saucepan over a medium heat.
Thandai Panna cotta with rose jelly step by step
- Mix the thandai powder or syrup with fresh cream & beat it for 5min..
- Melt 2tbsp gelatin with water & mix it thoroughly with fresh cream & thandai mix, pour it in a setting mould, i used silicon mould & refrigerate it for 2-3hours or till set well..
- Take 1 cup water in a sauce pan add rose syrup & sugar to it & give it a good mix & give it 1 boil, then add gelatin to it & cook it for 5 min till it starts sticking to the side..
- Bring this mix to room temperature while constantly stiring. If you do not stir the jelly will set, once it comes to room temperature pour it over the set panna cotta & refrigerate it for 3-4 hours till jelly sets well..
- Unmoul it & slice it & serve..
Whisk until the sugar has dissolved, then whisk in the gelatine. You need to start this recipe the day before serving, to allow both the panna cotta and the jelly sufficient time to set completely. Prepare these desserts the day before serving. First, make the panna cotta by gently heating the cream, milk, sugar. For the panna cotta, bring the cream and milk to the boil, remove from the heat and add the sugar a rose water.