Double Ka meetha. Hyderabadi recipes have its roots in very well known Mughlai cuisine. One such delicious recipe from it is double ka meetha, crisp bread pieces soaked into sugar syrup and then topped with saffron and cardamom flavored milk rabri. It is very easy to prepare with simple ingredients like bread, milk, cream and sugar.
This sweet dish is known as double ka meetha as bread is used to make it. Bread or pav is also called as Double roti in a few Indian states. Double ka meetha, also known as Shahi Tukra,, is a bread pudding Indian sweet of fried bread slices soaked in hot milk with spices, including saffron and cardamom. You can cook Double Ka meetha using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Double Ka meetha
- You need 450 ml of Milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Condensed milk.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Saffron.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Mawa.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder.
- You need of Dry fruits chopped : for Garnish.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Butter.
- Prepare 6 of Bread slices cut in triangles.
- It’s 1 bowl of Sugar and saffron syrup: To soak bread slices.
Double ka meetha is a dessert of Hyderabad, Telangana. It is popular in Hyderabadi cuisine, served at weddings and parties. Double ka meetha refers to the milk bread, called "Double Roti" in the local Indian dialects because it. Hyderabadi Double Ka Meetha is a delicious dessert recipe that is popularly made on the day of Eid.
Double Ka meetha step by step
- Reduce milk and condensed milk till thick and make Rabdi.
- In 1 pan heat butter and fry bread triangles Fry on both sides until golden brown.
- Soak bread in sugar saffron syrup.
- Pour rabdi on serving dish then bread slices Add more rabdi.
- Sprinkle with dry fruits and serve..
It is made using bread slices and reduced milk and is loaded with dry fruits for a delicious crunch. Double Ka Meetha is a very popular dessert in the Hyderabad cuisine. It shares its root with Shahi Tukda, which is a popular dessert in the Awadhi cuisine. Double Ka Meetha can be loosely referred to as the Indian bread Pudding, as it is made with bread and a condensed milk component. Double Ka Meetha is a scrumptious Hyderabadi version of Shahi Tukde, a traditional dessert for Ramadan.