Double ka meetha. Hyderabadi recipes have its roots in very well known Mughlai cuisine. One such delicious recipe from it is double ka meetha, crisp bread pieces soaked into sugar syrup and then topped with saffron and cardamom flavored milk rabri. It is very easy to prepare with simple ingredients like bread, milk, cream and sugar.
Double ka meetha, also known as Shahi Tukra,, is a bread pudding Indian sweet of fried bread slices soaked in hot milk with spices, including saffron and cardamom. Double ka meetha is a dessert of Hyderabad, Telangana. It is popular in Hyderabadi cuisine, served at weddings and parties. You can have Double ka meetha using 14 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Double ka meetha
- You need 4 slice of Bread -.
- It’s 1 cup of Clarified butter -.
- It’s of For syrup.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sugar -.
- Prepare 1 cup of Water -.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Cardamom powder -.
- Prepare as needed of Saffron – few strands.
- Prepare of For rabri.
- You need 1.5 cup of Milk -.
- You need 250 gms of Mawa /whole dried milk -.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of Sugar -.
- It’s as needed of Saffron – few strand.
- You need 1 tbsp of Roughly chopped cashew nuts -.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Raisins -.
Double ka meetha refers to the milk bread, called "Double Roti" in the local Indian dialects because it. Double ka meetha recipe with step by step photos – easy and delicious recipe of Hyderabadi style double ka meetha made with sweetened condensed milk. Double ka meetha is a popular dessert from the Hyderabadi cuisine. This sweet dish is known as double ka meetha as bread is used to make it.
Double ka meetha step by step
- Cut the edges of the bread..
- Heat clarified butter in a pan..
- Deep fry the bread slice until golden brown and strain it..
- For sugar syrup.
- Heat sugar and water in a pan..
- Keep in medium flame for 8 – 10 mins..
- Add saffron strands and cardamom powder..
- When it gets thick and two strain consistency means syrup is ready.
- Soak the fried bread slice in the sugar syrup and place in a plate..
- For rabri Heat milk in a heavy bottom vessel..
- When it boils keep in a low flame..
- Add mawa/whole dried milk,saffron and sugar and mix well..
- When it gets semi thick we take it one cup..
- And when it gets thick we switch off the gas.
- Pour the hot rabri over the bread and semi thick hot rabri pour in the side of the bread..
- Garnish with cashew nuts and raisins..
- Serve after an hour..
Bread or pav is also called as Double roti in a few Indian states. Double Ka Meetha is a very popular dessert in the Hyderabad cuisine. It shares its root with Shahi Tukda, which is a popular dessert in the Awadhi cuisine. Double Ka Meetha can be loosely referred to as the Indian bread Pudding, as it is made with bread and a condensed milk component. Double Ka Meetha is a scrumptious Hyderabadi version of Shahi Tukde, a traditional dessert for Ramadan.