Double ka meetha. Hyderabadi recipes have its roots in very well known Mughlai cuisine. One such delicious recipe from it is double ka meetha, crisp bread pieces soaked into sugar syrup and then topped with saffron and cardamom flavored milk rabri. It is very easy to prepare with simple ingredients like bread, milk, cream and sugar.
This sweet dish is known as double ka meetha as bread is used to make it. Bread or pav is also called as Double roti in a few Indian states. Double ka meetha, also known as Shahi Tukra,, is a bread pudding Indian sweet of fried bread slices soaked in hot milk with spices, including saffron and cardamom. You can cook Double ka meetha using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Double ka meetha
- Prepare 1 of uncut bread loaf.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of khoya.
- Prepare 2 cups of sugar (or more depending on your level of sweetness).
- You need 1/2 liter of milk.
- You need as needed of Pure ghee for frying.
- You need 2 tsp of cardamom powder.
- You need 1/2 glass of water.
- It’s as needed of dry fruit.
- It’s 1 pinch of saffron.
Double ka meetha is a dessert of Hyderabad, Telangana. It is popular in Hyderabadi cuisine, served at weddings and parties. Double ka meetha refers to the milk bread, called "Double Roti" in the local Indian dialects because it. Hyderabadi Double Ka Meetha is a delicious dessert recipe that is popularly made on the day of Eid.
Double ka meetha instructions
- Slice the bread, cut each slice into diagonals i.e., 4 pieces of each slice..
- In a pan heat the ghee and deep fry the bread to golden brown in colour. Drain on a tissue paper and then arrange them in a lagaan or a wide mouthed vessel. Keep aside..
- In a pan, add the water and the sugar and keep stirring it, till you get a syrup of one thread consistency. Add the cardamom powder to it, mix it well and then pour it over the fried bread pieces, such that they are soaked in the syrup and the syrup gets absorbed..
- In a fry pan, heat some ghee and fry the dry fruits..
- Sprinkle the fried fry fruits to the bread mixture..
- Then boil the milk in a heavy bottomed pan on low heat, once boiled, add in the mashed khoya to it and keep stirring, till the milk becomes thick. Add in a pinch of saffron and mix well. Take it off the heat, when the milk has become Rabdi like..
- Pour this over the bread mixture, mix it a lil and leave it aside for about 15-20 mins, until the Rabdi is also absorbed by the fried bread..
- Serve it hot and enjoy..
It is made using bread slices and reduced milk and is loaded with dry fruits for a delicious crunch. Double Ka Meetha is a very popular dessert in the Hyderabad cuisine. It shares its root with Shahi Tukda, which is a popular dessert in the Awadhi cuisine. Double Ka Meetha can be loosely referred to as the Indian bread Pudding, as it is made with bread and a condensed milk component. Double Ka Meetha is a scrumptious Hyderabadi version of Shahi Tukde, a traditional dessert for Ramadan.