Flattened Rice Kheer (Aval Payasam). So today, I am going to share a popular South Indian kheer recipe, and it's the flattened rice pudding or the aval payasam. In our house, we always make paal payasam (milk-based kheer), onion sambar, potato curry the day before Diwali. My mom usually makes the kheer either with rice or with flattened rice/aval.
This Rice flattened recipe(Aval Payasam) is very easy to make at the same very delicious taste. 🥣Aval Payasam Ingredients : Aval payasam or atukula payasam is a simple pudding made with flattened rice or beaten rice flakes. It is the made the traditional way using jaggery, milk, ghee and nuts. Flattened Rice Dal Kheer with step by step pictures. You can cook Flattened Rice Kheer (Aval Payasam) using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Flattened Rice Kheer (Aval Payasam)
- It’s 1/4 cup of flattened rice.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of jaggery.
- It’s of Dry fruits.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ghee.
Paruppu Payasam is a traditional south Indian Payasam. It is indeed yummy and the traditional way of preparing the kheer, I thought of preparing Poha kheer with Parupu / Dal as Krishan Jayanthi festival is over the weekend. Payasams or kheers are one of the easiest and quickest dessert that can be made. So for festive occasions or on auspicious days, you can consider making payasam as one of the naivedyam, since they are easy to make.
Flattened Rice Kheer (Aval Payasam) instructions
- Take a pan add 1 tsp ghee roast dry fruits and take out a plate..
- Then add flattened rice and roast it properly, when it's turned slightly golden brown colour it's done..
- Now take a sauce pan add 1/4cup of water and jaggery allow to melt the jaggery after melted jaggery strain it and keep a side.
- Now take a pan boil milk when milk comes boil add roasted flattened rice cook it in 4,5 minutes then add roasted dry fruits mix it..
- Now put the flame slow and add cardamom powder and jaggery syrupe mix it and switch off the flame garnish some dry fruits and serve hot.enjoy!.
Aval payasam or atukula payasam is a simple pudding made with flattened rice or beaten rice flakes. It is the made the traditional way using jaggery, milk, ghee and nuts. Aval paysam is made for festivals like Krishna Jayanti. Aval payasam is a simple and easy dessert recipe that is prepared from flattened rice / beaten rice. This version of aval payasam that I have prepared is made using sugar and there is another version that is made with jaggery.