Shahi tukda double Ka meetha. It is also known as Double ka meetha ( Indian bread pudding). Double ka meetha, also known as Shahi Tukra,, is a bread pudding Indian sweet of fried bread slices soaked in hot milk with spices, including saffron and cardamom. Double ka meetha & shahi tukda both are similar recipes with different names…the name shahi tukda represents the royal ingredients like dry fruits,rabdi & zafran.this recipe comes under Mughlai cuisine you can watch here the simplest way of makin.
Shahi tukda is Popular hydrabadi dish it is same as double ka meethe. Shahi tukda is popular and specially prepared during the holy month of ramdan. Hyderabadi Double ka meetha, easy rich and a delicious recipe for sweet dish from Hyderabadi cuisine. You can cook Shahi tukda double Ka meetha using 5 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shahi tukda double Ka meetha
- You need 4 of Bread slices.
- It’s 2 cup of Sugar syrup.
- Prepare 1 cup of Custard milk.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of Chopped dry fruits.
A delicious Indian bread pudding in which fried bread is soaked in thick saffron flavoured milk. It is specially prepared in Hyderabad on the occasion of Eid and is a popular Ramadan Recipe. Double Ka Meetha, or Shahi Tukdais a Hyderabad dessert of fried bread slices soaked in hot milk with spices and garnished with Khowa (dried semi solid milk). Shahi Tukda has its roots in Pakistani cuisine and is a very famous dessert in the Mughlai cuisine.
Shahi tukda double Ka meetha step by step
- Step for shahi tukda:.
- Remove sides of bread slices and cut each slice in to square..
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the bread pieces for about few minutes.or until golden brown and crisp..
- Drain and absorbent pepper heat another small pan with sugar and water.boil it for about 2-3 min.sugar syrup is ready.and keep it on side..
- Dip the fried bread pieces in to sugar syrup and take out immediately..
- Step for rabri cream:.
- In a deep nonstick pan add the custard milk bring this to a boil.once boiled,add sugar and keep cooking on medium,stirring in intervals until reduce to half and thick stir occasionally in between to prevent and mix well..
- Turn off heat and let rabri cream (thickend milk mixture)cool at room temperature..
- Add dry fruits mix properly..
- Pour prepared rabri cream over it..
- Garnish with dry fruits.shahi tukda double Ka meetha is ready..
It is particularly prepared during the festive month. Shahi tukda or double Ka meetha is popular dessert in Urdu Hyderabadi cuisine. It's made compulsorily in the Eid and Ramadan feast. As the name suggests "shahi" means royal and it is believed that it descended from the royal Mughlai cuisine. Though both shahi tukda and double ka meetha are supposed to be the name of the same dessert, but actually they are not.