Double Ka Meetha. Hyderabadi recipes have its roots in very well known Mughlai cuisine. One such delicious recipe from it is double ka meetha, crisp bread pieces soaked into sugar syrup and then topped with saffron and cardamom flavored milk rabri. It is very easy to prepare with simple ingredients like bread, milk, cream and sugar.
This sweet dish is known as double ka meetha as bread is used to make it. Bread or pav is also called as Double roti in a few Indian states. Double ka meetha, also known as Shahi Tukra,, is a bread pudding Indian sweet of fried bread slices soaked in hot milk with spices, including saffron and cardamom. You can cook Double Ka Meetha using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Double Ka Meetha
- Prepare 10 of Bread slices.
- It’s 2.5 cups of Milk.
- It’s 1 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Cardamom powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Oil for frying.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ghee for frying nuts.
- It’s 10 of Raisins.
- It’s 5-6 of Cashew nuts.
- It’s 5-6 of Toasted almonds.
Double ka meetha is a dessert of Hyderabad, Telangana. It is popular in Hyderabadi cuisine, served at weddings and parties. Double ka meetha refers to the milk bread, called "Double Roti" in the local Indian dialects because it. Hyderabadi Double Ka Meetha is a delicious dessert recipe that is popularly made on the day of Eid.
Double Ka Meetha instructions
- Remove the edges of the bread, cut it diagonally and sun dry it or air dry it so that it does not absorb much oil..
- Deep fry the bread in oil until brown on low flames to prevent the bread from getting burnt..
- Keep it aside. Traditionally it is deep fried in ghee but I have used oil..
- Fry raisins, cashew nuts in ghee separately. Keep it aside..
- Boil milk and add kesari colour to it.Take just enough water to soak the sugar..
- Add cardamom powder and boil the sugar water..
- Prepare sugar syrup. The sugar syrup should neither be thin nor thick..
- Then add milk, simmer and cook uncovered till it reaches a semi solid state. It should not be dry..
- Garnish with cashew nuts, raisins and toasted almonds..
- Enjoy it warm or cold as it tastes great both ways. I prefer to have it warm..
It is made using bread slices and reduced milk and is loaded with dry fruits for a delicious crunch. Double Ka Meetha is a very popular dessert in the Hyderabad cuisine. It shares its root with Shahi Tukda, which is a popular dessert in the Awadhi cuisine. Double Ka Meetha can be loosely referred to as the Indian bread Pudding, as it is made with bread and a condensed milk component. Double Ka Meetha is a scrumptious Hyderabadi version of Shahi Tukde, a traditional dessert for Ramadan.