Gulkand Oats Kheer. Gulkand is a sweet rose petal preserve. It has health benefits too apart from adding great flavors to any dish. It helps to keep your body cool especially in summer.
Gulkand is popular in Ayurveda and is known to pacify the excess heat-causing 'pitta' in the body, thus keeping the body cool. It also adds a lovely flavor and aroma to the payasam. The added dry fruit powder makes the payasam rich and also adds a nutty flavor which compliments the creamy oats payasam very well. You can cook Gulkand Oats Kheer using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Gulkand Oats Kheer
- Prepare 1/2 cup of oats, dry roasted.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1 tbsp. of gulkand.
- You need 1 tbsp. of honey.
- It’s pinch of cardamom powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of fresh grated coconut.
- It’s 1 tsp. of rose water.
- Prepare of few dry rose petals to garnish.
Next, add in the chopped almonds and pistachios. Mix well to combine in the milk mixture. Meanwhile, in a separate bowl add cold milk, gulkand and chopped pan leaves. Mix well to obtain gulkand mixture.
Gulkand Oats Kheer step by step
- In a bowl, mix together all the above mentioned ingredients (except rose petals) and refrigerate it overnight..
- Garnish with rose petals and serve as an after-meal dessert or for a healthy breakfast..
It contains fibre and is rich in antioxidants. Hence it is advisable to include it in our daily diet. Besides having it for breakfast, they can be turned into yummy desserts. So give a twist to your usual kheer by trying it out with oats and flavour it with some gulkand (rose petals jam). Gulkand Seviyan Kheer Recipe, Learn how to make Gulkand Seviyan Kheer (absolutely delicious recipe of Gulkand Seviyan Kheer ingredients and cooking method) The Indian dessert that no one can resist, Kheer is a staple to celebrate every happy occasion.