Double ka Meetha. Double ka meetha recipe with step by step photos – easy and delicious recipe of Hyderabadi style double ka meetha made with sweetened condensed milk. How to Make Hyderabadi Double Ka Meetha at Home from Maimoona Yasmeen's Recipes. Hyderabadi double ka meetha Recipe, Rotti inippu, Pauruti Misti.
The name Double Ka Meetha comes from the local dialect word "Double Roti" which refers to milk bread or Western-style bread. The reason it is called double roti is it swells up to almost double its. Having a double serving of bad luck. You can have Double ka Meetha using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Double ka Meetha
- Prepare 1500 Millilitres of Milk.
- Prepare 10 strands of Saffron – 12.
- It’s 200 Grams of Sugar.
- It’s 2 Cups of Water.
- You need of Oil for frying.
- Prepare 1 pods of cardomon essence / powder / crushed Teaspoon.
- It’s 3 of Bread Slices.
Hyderabadi double ka meetha, as the name suggests, is a recipe native to Hyderabadi. The royal Indian dessert dish is very simple to make. Double Ka Meetha Recipe, Learn how to make Double Ka Meetha (absolutely This Double Ka Meetha recipe is Excellent and find more Great recipes, tried & tested recipes from NDTV Food. Double ka meetha is usually served hot but I love mine chilled.
Double ka Meetha step by step
- Mix 150 gm of sugar and water in a saucepan. Boil on low heat until it form a thick syrup. Keep aside.
- Pour the milk into a non stick thick bottomed skillet. Add the saffron strands and the remaining 50 gm of sugar. On low heat reduce the milk to a little less than half the volume.
- Add 1 teaspoon of Cardamom essence and boil for about a minute on low flame. Alternatively if using cardamom powder add 1 teaspoon to the milk. If using pods, crush the pods and add to the reduced milk..
- Cut three bread slices diagonally to create triangle shaped pieces. Fry the bread pieces until slightly golden brown..
- Immerse the bread pieces one at a time into the sugar syrup. Leave each piece in the sugar syrup for about 10 – 15 seconds..
- Pour the reduced milk containing saffron and cardamom on to each bread slice..
- Optional – Garnish with pistachios and almonds. Chill in refrigerator..
Go with what your heart says, I say. This is a great recipe idea for Diwali sweets this year especially since you can make this in advance. Double Ka Meetha is one of those amazingly delicious recipes which you can relish any time of the day and the taste is simply mind blowing. It might look very complicated to cook, but the good news is that. If you LOVE Double ka Meetha, join this group.