Indian carrot pudding. About this dessert: Indian Carrot Pudding is an simple dessert that resembles almost no dessert Carrots, grated very fine, are stewn in milk and honey until soft and creamy, and then spiced with the..an Indian Carrot Pudding made during Diwali season. Gajar ka Halwa also known as Gajrela is an Indian Carrot Pudding that's prepared with ghee, carrots, milk, sugar, cardamom, and nuts. It's a bright orange Indian carrot pudding that's absolutely decadent!
This is my favorite dessert to make when cooking Indian food. The sweet & creamy taste is a delicious end to a hot & spicy meal. Shredded Carrots slow cooked with almond milk, roasted nuts and cardamom. You can cook Indian carrot pudding using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Indian carrot pudding
- Prepare 1 kg of carrot.
- You need 150 gram of sugar or according to taste.
- You need 1 cup of fresh cream.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cardamon powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of ghee.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of jaifal powder.
- Prepare to taste of Chopped dry fruits according.
Serve as is or top with toasted nuts, seeds and chia. Carrot pudding is a dish traditional to a wide range of cultures around the world. It can be served either as a savoury pudding (as an accompaniment to a regular meal) or as a sweet dessert. This Indian carrot dessert is also known as carrot halwa or carrot pudding.
Indian carrot pudding step by step
- Wash, peel and grate carrot..
- Cook in microwave at 10 minutes..
- Now transfer it into wok..
- Add fresh cream and cook by continue stiring..
- Now when colour changes and all water dries add sugar, jaifal, cardamom powder..
- Cook till all sugar melts and it become thik..
The Indian name is Gajar Ka Halwa. I will be frank with you. At first, I was super skeptical about this one. Well, here is an easy version of Gajar Ka halwa ( Carrot Halwa recipe) popularly known as. Moist, dense and spicy, this steamed pudding features grated carrots and potatoes, a handful of raisins and a fragrant mixture of ground cinnamon, cloves and allspice.