Khaja With Rice and Jaggery Kheer. Add these nuts to the kheer and mix well. Paramannam literally means the Ultimate Food (Param-Annam) or food fit for the Gods, and it truly is just that. One form is the delicious Bellam Paramannam, a traditional rice and milk kheer from Andhra Pradesh that uses Bellam (jaggery) as the sweetner.
Strain the jaggery syrup using a strainer to get rid of impurities. Soak in a cup of water for an hour. Kheer is ready, turn off the flame and allow it to cool down. You can have Khaja With Rice and Jaggery Kheer using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Khaja With Rice and Jaggery Kheer
- It’s 1 cup of Gobind Bhog or Basmati Rice.
- You need 1 litre of Full cream milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of Jaggery(adjust as per you taste).
- Prepare 4-5 Pods of Cardamom.
- It’s 2 of small bay leaf.
- You need 2-3 of tspn Ghee.
- It’s 1 cup of Maida or All purpose flour.
- Prepare As required of fried Dry fruit of your on choice.
- It’s of Khaja.
- Prepare 5-6 tsp of ghee.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 3 of cardamon.
When the kheer cools down, strain the jaggery syrup through a sieve and mix it to the kheer. Kheer is now ready, transfer it to a serving bowl and garnish with chopped cashews and almonds. You can also used cooked rice instead of cooking the rice with the recipe. Kheer is a quintessential Indian dessert for any special occasion, be it during the festivals or any special day.
Khaja With Rice and Jaggery Kheer step by step
- To make the Rice and Jaggery Kheer, soak the rice for at least 30 mins to 1 hour..
- In vessel put Ghee, add Cardamom Crushed, Bay leaf and let the Ghee get infused with the aroma of the whole spice. Cook for 2 -3 mins for in slow flame.
- Add Soaked rice to the pan, make sure the water is drained properly, Then fry the rice in slow flame till the rice is turned little brown, add a pinch of salt..
- One the rice is fried the Full cream milk and mix. Let the milk get a boil, cook 1st 5 min on high flame..
- Cook the milk on low flame till the milk is reduced and the rice cooks completely and opens completely. Till then cook the kheer by stirring continuously to avoid getting milk getting stick to Pan..
- To make the Khaja, add Ghee to the Maida and mix properly. Add water slowly to make a dough which is not very tight nor very soft. Rest the dough for 15 mins..
- Make a paste of 2 tsp of ghee and maida and keep aside..
- Roll the Dough to a thin sheet and cut into 5 cm thin strips and spread the ghee and maida paste..
- Roll the thin strips to make a Disk and press lightly..
- To cook the khaja Bake the them on 180 c for 30-40 mins or till they turn golden brown..
- Prepare a Sugar syrup of 1 string by cooking sugar and water and cardamom..
- Dip the prepared Khaja in the Sugar Syrup for 30 secs and remove..
- To Assemble the Dessert. Fry your Fav dry fruits in Ghee serve Kheer, Khaja and Fried Dry fruits along and enjoy the modern interpretation of the classic Odia Dessert..
Every region and house hold has its own version. One of the popular kheer varieties, is this Phool Makhana Kheer in the Northern part of India. Makhana or fox nuts or puffed lotus seeds are highly nutritious nuts, having high contents of fibre, proteins and minerals. boiled rice and kheer mix are unnecessary. Boiled rice will have soaked water into it. Add sugar to taste, and a few drops of Keora water with a few strings of saffron thoroughly.