Double ka Meetha. Double ka meetha recipe with step by step photos – easy and delicious recipe of Hyderabadi style double ka meetha made with sweetened condensed milk. How to Make Hyderabadi Double Ka Meetha at Home from Maimoona Yasmeen's Recipes. Hyderabadi double ka meetha Recipe, Rotti inippu, Pauruti Misti.
The name Double Ka Meetha comes from the local dialect word "Double Roti" which refers to milk bread or Western-style bread. The reason it is called double roti is it swells up to almost double its. Having a double serving of bad luck. You can have Double ka Meetha using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Double ka Meetha
- Prepare of for bread roast.
- You need 10 of bread slices.
- Prepare 2 cup of ghee.
- It’s of for syrup.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of cadamom powder.
- You need of for milk mixture.
- You need 1 ltr of full cream milk.
- Prepare 1 pinch of saffron.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
Hyderabadi double ka meetha, as the name suggests, is a recipe native to Hyderabadi. The royal Indian dessert dish is very simple to make. Double Ka Meetha Recipe, Learn how to make Double Ka Meetha (absolutely This Double Ka Meetha recipe is Excellent and find more Great recipes, tried & tested recipes from NDTV Food. Double ka meetha is usually served hot but I love mine chilled.
Double ka Meetha instructions
- Heat ghee in a frying pan.
- Cut breads into halves diagonally.
- Deep fry the slices till golden brown.
- Drain on a tissue lined plate and keep aside.
- Deep fry the almonds cashew in the same ghee till slightly brown(optional).
- Drain and keep aside.
- For syrup:- add sugar and water in a panand cook on medioum heat till syrup is lighly thickened. Remove from heat and keep aside.
- For milk mixture:- Haeat milk in a heavy bottom pan.when the milk comes to boil, lower the heat and add saffron to it. Cook on low heat till milk is reduced to half. Add sugar and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and keep aside..
- Final presentation:- Preheat the oven at 180°c. Grease a rectanglur tray with ghee. Arange the bread slicea on tray. Pour sugar syrup on too of bread slices. Now with the help of spoon spread the milk mixtureover bread pieces. Bake for 5 minutes and remove from oven.
- Serve warm.
Go with what your heart says, I say. This is a great recipe idea for Diwali sweets this year especially since you can make this in advance. Double Ka Meetha is one of those amazingly delicious recipes which you can relish any time of the day and the taste is simply mind blowing. It might look very complicated to cook, but the good news is that. If you LOVE Double ka Meetha, join this group.