Shahi Tukra a.ke.a. Double Ka Meetha. Double ka meetha, also known as Shahi Tukra, is a bread pudding Indian sweet of fried bread slices soaked in hot milk, including saffron and cardamom. Double ka meetha is a dessert of Hyderabad. Double ka meetha, also known as Shahi Tukra is a bread pudding Indian sweet of fried bread slices soaked in hot milk with spices, including saffron and cardamom.
Shahi Tukray Recipe Is Very Popular Mughalai Cuisine Because Of Creamy And Delicious Taste. It Is Also Known As Double Ka Meetha OR Indian Bread Pudding OR Sweet Bread. It is also known as Double ka meetha ( Indian bread pudding). You can cook Shahi Tukra a.ke.a. Double Ka Meetha using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shahi Tukra a.ke.a. Double Ka Meetha
- It’s as per the serving of Bread Slices.
- Prepare 1 tin 50 ml of Cream (Condensed Milk).
- Prepare 100 gm of Khoya Kheer.
- You need as needed of Dried Cherries.
- You need as needed of Pistachio (Dried Pista).
- You need 2 cup of Sugar (For Sugar Syrup).
- Prepare of Green Cardamom.
This recipe has it's roots to Mughalai cuisine. It is particularly prepared during the festive month of Ramadan and on Eid. The recipe uses bread, condensed milk, and dry fruits. shahi tukda or shahi tukra recipe hyderabadi double ka meetha recipe with step by step photo and video recipe. perhaps one of the most sweet dessert recipes prepared during the festive month of ramadan and on eid. there are several variations for the shahi bread pudding which can be either prepared with condensed milk or evaporate mik. however dipping in sugar syrup is optional and it can.
Shahi Tukra a.ke.a. Double Ka Meetha step by step
- Take white bread pieces and cut their edges (All 4 Side) with knife..
- Heat refined oil in pan. Deep fry the bread pieces till they turn golden brown..
- Making Sugar Syrup (Chasni) – Take water and sugar together in a big pan. Once it starts boiling, cook it on low flame until the sugar mixed well in the water & it becomes slighty sticky. Add some semi grinded cardamom powder for better taste. Keep it aside..
- Now dip the fried bread pieces in the sugar syrup. Allow them to rest for half an hour. Keep them aside. Let them soft..
- When bread pieces turn soft and a little juicy, keep them in a flat tray or plate and pour condensed milk (cream) on each pieces to make the topping. Then Grate Khoya (Like we grate cheese on pizza base) to make the topping more thick..
- Add or sprinkle some dried small cherry pieces and Pistachio (Pista) on each for garnishing and added taste. Hey! "Shahi Tukra a.ke.a. Double Ka Meetha" is ready to serve. Relish & Enjoy..
Difference between Double ka Meetha and Shahi Tukda. In North India, a variation of double ka meetha is known as shahi tukda. Initially, I thought this is the same dish. But there is a subtle difference. In Shahi tukda, you fry the bread and drizzle it with "chashni" i.e sugar syrup.