Gajar ka halwa | carrot pudding |. Carrot halwa Recipe with step by step photos and video. This recipe shares the traditional way of making delicious gajar ka halwa without any shortcuts or tweaks. Carrot halwa or gajar halwa is a traditional dessert made by slow cooking carrots in milk.
It makes its presence in most special occasions like festivals, celebrations and parties. The recipe for this Indian dessert comes from the North Carolina chef Cheetie Kumar, and it instantly transports her to her mother's kitchen around Diwali, the air rich with the aroma of fragrant carrots, caramelized milk and cardamom The carrots are cooked down to be incredibly tender, but they still. Gajar ka halva is perfect for parties, wedding or any sort of special occasion. You can cook Gajar ka halwa | carrot pudding | using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Gajar ka halwa | carrot pudding |
- You need 750 gms of Gajar/carrot.
- Prepare 400 ml of milk (full cream).
- It’s 3/4 bowl of sugar (as per taste).
- It’s 8-10 of cashew nuts (cut inhalf).
- Prepare as needed of almond / badam – 8 to 10 pcs (cut in half).
- It’s 3/4 bowl of desi ghee.
Gajar ka Halwa is a perfect dessert for any celebration. Gajar ka Halwa is a delicious and popular sweet made with few ingredients, carrots, milk, sugar and flavored with cardamom. Gajar ka Halwa (gajrela) is a delicious and rich carrot pudding made by cooking carrots with ghee, milk, sugar and a bit of cardamom. It's the perfect dessert to make for any celebration, including Valentine's Day which is coming right up!
Gajar ka halwa | carrot pudding | step by step
- Peel & Wash the Carrots, Grate them.
- In a Thick Bottom Pan heat Ghee.
- Add Dry Fruits & Fry them till they are little golden & take them out in a bowl.
- Put Carrot in the same Pan, Cook the Carrots for 3-4 minutes till they become soft.
- Add Milk,Mix Well & Let the Milk Comes to Boil.
- Let it cook in Medium Flame till the Milk is reduced by 75%.
- Add Sugar.Mix It Well.
- Keep Low Flame & Cook for another 20-25 minutes.
- Cook until Milk Evaporates.
- Dish is Ready,Garnish it with Dry Fruits.
It's perfect for Easter too – after all, the Easter Bunny loves. Wash, peel the skin and grate carrots finely. (use the small hole for grating). Gajar ka Halwa is an easy Indian dessert recipe prepared with carrots, condensed milk, ghee and dried fruits. Goes well with ice cream or just on its own. Gajar ka Halwa – the famed, rich, indulgent, Indian dessert.