Seviyaan Kheer/Sev Ni Kheer/Vermicelli Kheer. Seviyaan kheer/ Sev ni kheer/Vermicelli kheer is my one of the favorite dessert. Kheer is a pudding prepared by cooking rice, oats, vermicelli, poha (flattened rice flakes), or amaranth (rajgira) in milk and sugar. The one prepared by using vermicelli or wheat noodles is known as seviyaan kheer /sev ni kheer/vermicelli kheer.
Vermicelli kheer / sevai kheer / seviyan kheer, now in Maatu's Recipes. The yummy sweet recipe of seviyan kheer is specially prepared during Ramzan. Seviyan kheer is loved and prepared in almost all the corners of India. You can cook Seviyaan Kheer/Sev Ni Kheer/Vermicelli Kheer using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Seviyaan Kheer/Sev Ni Kheer/Vermicelli Kheer
- You need 2 cup of vermicelli wheat vermicelli.
- You need 2 l of full fat milk You can use low fat milk.
- You need 1 cup of sugar or more as per sweetness needed.
- Prepare 1.5 tbsp of ghee clarified butter.
- It’s 2 tsp of nutmeg powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cardamom powder.
- You need 1 tsp of saffron strands.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of almonds blanched, skin removed and slivered.
- It’s 1 tbsp of pistachio blanched, skin removed and slivered.
And that's why it is called by so many names such as vermicelli kheer, payasam, mithi seviyan, sev ni biranj etc. Vermicelli or Sevai Kheer is very similar to the Sheer Khurma that is popularly made during Eid, but Sheer Khurma is richer than the kheer due to the addition of dates and a lot of nuts. Also, the variety of Sevai added in the two is different. In sheer khurna, fine nylon vermicelli is used however in seviyan kheer, normal-sized vermicelli are.
Seviyaan Kheer/Sev Ni Kheer/Vermicelli Kheer instructions
- Heat ghee/clarified butter in a big thick bottom pot on a medium heat. Once the ghee is melted, lower the heat and add broken vermicelli /seviyaan to it. Roast vermicelli on low heat till turns golden. The vermicelli will become golden in 2-4 minutes.
- Pour the milk over it and mix well. Cook the milk on medium heat. Continously stir the milk to avoid the milk and vermicelli from sticking to the bottom of the pan. The milk and vermicelli will start to boil after 8-10 minutes. Add sugar once the milk start to boiling. Mix well and cook till sugar gets dissolve and vermicelli softens..
- The vermicelli will start to float on the milk. Add the blanched and chopped almonds and pistachios to the milk. Mix well. Add nutmeg powder. Mix well..
- Add cardamom powder and mix well. Add saffron strands and mix well. Mix well and cook till the milk thickens..
- The vermicelli kheer is ready to serve. Serve the seviyan kheer/sev ni kheer/vermicelli kheer hot or chilled..
Vermicelli kheer recipe With step by step photos. Seviyan kheer also known as vermicelli kheer Is a must at any festival at our place. Making vermicelli kheer is very easy and does not take much time. Generally when we make seviyan kheer, we only add cardamom powder. Seviyan kheer is also known as Vermicelli Kheer.