Arroz con dulce (Rice Pudding). A Coconut Pudding Recipe to Devour. Arroz con Dulce, or coconut rice pudding, is a favorite dessert all over Latin America. And no wonder: Tender, creamy rice is infused with the warm flavors of cinnamon, clove, and fresh ginger.
Cook the rice with water according to package directions until the liquid has just been absorbed (rice will not be thoroughly cooked). Pour the rice into a low serving dish or platter. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon if desired. You can cook Arroz con dulce (Rice Pudding) using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Arroz con dulce (Rice Pudding)
- It’s 1/2 cup of rice short grain, I used Iberia Valencian Rice (arroz pe.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 piece of Lemon Peel.
- You need 1 stick of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 Liter of Milk – I used a can of Carnation Evaporated milk diluted.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- You need 1 box of raisins.
- Prepare of ground cinnamon.
Can be served warm or cold. What rice pudding variations will we find in Latin American countries? The pudding will thicken as it cools. This arroz con leche is flavored with orange rind, cinnamon, and (optional but highly recommended!) dark rum; the scent is deep and sultry.
Arroz con dulce (Rice Pudding) step by step
- Put in a pot to cook the water, lemon peel and cinnamon stick..
- Wash the rice and add to the pot and cook until rice is soft and absorbed the water.
- In a bowl mix the milk,salt and sugar.
- Once the rice absorbed the water add the bowl of mixed milk salt,sugar and the box of raisins.
- Just let it cook in medium heat until it starts to get thick. Once it thickens stir the rice so it won't get stuck on the pot..
- Once you see that it has thicken take off the stove and put in a round cake pan or you can do individual ones for family or guest. Sprinkle some ground cinnamon at your liking. I like it cold so I put in fridge until ready to eat..
You'll notice I've used dark brown sugar as well as granulated sugar in the recipe: the pudding's color will be golden rather than white, and the flavor more complex. Sometimes rice pudding turns out a little gritty but this was creamy and wonderful. The coconut milk adding a lovely, subtle flavor. I've never had rice pudding before but this was very tasty! I used a mixture of dried raisins, cranberries, and cherries because that is what I had on hand.