Vermicelli Kheer. Vermicelli kheer recipe With step by step photos. Seviyan kheer also known as vermicelli kheer Is a must at any festival at our place. Making vermicelli kheer is very easy and does not take much time.
Vermicelli kheer or Seviyan Kheer/Payasam as it is known in India, is a special dessert that is made mostly on the occasion of festivals or celebrations. It is a sweet pudding made from milk, vermicelli, spices and dry fruits. The Sevai kheer, also known as vermicelli kheer is a variety of Indian pudding which is super easy and delicious. You can have Vermicelli Kheer using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vermicelli Kheer
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Vermicelli.
- You need 3 cups of milk.
- It’s 100 gms of milkmaid.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of elaichi powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of milk masala powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of ghee.
- You need Few of cashew and raisins for garnishing.
If you ever want to come up with a quick dessert with a traditional touch, then check out how to make Seviyan kheer. Vermicelli Kheer, a delicious Indian dessert made with milk and vermicelli strands is often served as a sweet accompaniment in lunch or dinner. In this recipe, vermicelli, which is also known as semiya or seviya, is roasted in ghee which gives it a nice aroma and its signature taste. Serve the vermicelli kheer or seviyan kheer hot, warm or chilled. if serving chilled, then refrigerate the seviyan kheer and serve later.
Vermicelli Kheer step by step
- Take a pan and heat the ghee and add raisins and cashews. Sauté for few seconds and keep aside.
- In the same pan add the vermicelli. Sauté until light brown and keep aside.
- Same pan add 3 cups milk and let it boil.
- Boil until the milk becomes a thick consistency. Now add the vermicelli in the milk and boil for a few mins.
- Once the milk is boiled and the vermicelli is nice and soft add the milk made.
- Mix well and then add elaichi powder and milk masala powder and boil for few seconds.
- Now your vermicelli Kheer is ready enjoy as per your choice hot or chilled.
Enjoy Vermicelli kheer or seviyan kheer. Its a delicius Food, Foodie Human likes it too much. Note Seviyan can be easily doubled in size by just adding some extra milk and water. Semiya has always been my favourite dessert. Sometimes my mom used to make it specially on Raksha bandhan, it was a staple.