Foxtail Milet Kheer/Payasam. To begin making the Foxtail Millet Kheer (Payasam) recipe. In a pressure cooker base, add a tsp of ghee. Foxtail millet is the gluten free grain which is one of the most world's cultivated crops.
Foxtail Millet Coconut Kheer, a healthy coconut milk payasam made from foxtail millet / thinai. This payasam can be tried with any millet variety, but thinai Some of the Kheer recipes shared in my blog are Varagu Semiya & Sabja Seeds Payasam, Pal Payasam, Makhana Kheer, Apple Vermicelli. The payasam came out so good. You can cook Foxtail Milet Kheer/Payasam using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Foxtail Milet Kheer/Payasam
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Foxtail Milet.
- It’s 1/8 cup of Moong Dal.
- You need 1/8 cup of Sago/ Sabudana.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Jaggery.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Thick coconut milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of Thin coconut milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cardamom powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Ghee.
- You need 8 of Cashews.
- It’s 10 of Raisin.
It is the second-most widely planted species of millet. Dish: Foxtail Millet Payasam (Korrala Payasam/ Thinai Payasam). We are getting ready for our upcoming summer vacation to India. My son's been talking about this trip for weeks now and he definitely wants to go to McDonald's and get his Happy Meal toy.
Foxtail Milet Kheer/Payasam instructions
- In a pan, add 2 tsp ghee. Fry foxtail milet and moong dal until it's turn light brown..
- Pressure cook this for 3 or 4 whistle by adding 1 cup water..
- In another pan, cook sabudana till soft..
- Melt jaggery by adding little water in a different pan and strain the syrup to the cooked millet. Mix it well..
- Also add cooked sabudana..
- Stir it well in low flame..
- Add the thin coconut milk and boil it well in medium flame..
- After 5 to 10 mins. Switch off the flame. Then add thick coconut milk and Cardamom powder..
- In another pan, fry cashews and raisins using leftover ghee. And pour this to the kheer..
- Mix well….Yummy foxtail Kheer is ready to serve!!!!!!.
Foxtail millet is supposed to have been served to Lord Muruga. Thinai Payasam is a staple in many homes during festival time. Here is how to do Thinai We will cook the thinai / foxtail millet along with moong dal in the pressure cooker. I have used half a cup of foxtail millet, four tablespoon moong dal. Foxtail Millet(Thinai) – Iron, Copper, Magnesium.