Kheer. Find Deals on Kheer in Boxed Meals on Amazon. Kheer is the original rice pudding, which became part of western cuisine through the British. I like this, but my husband and son didn't (too 'spicy' for them).
Chawal ki kheer or rice kheer is a traditional rice pudding made for most occasions in Indian homes. Kheer and payasam are the terms used interchangeably and both are derived from the sanskrit terms "ksheer" & "payasa" both meaning milk.. Rice kheer is made with full fat milk. You can cook Kheer using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kheer
- Prepare 1/2 litre of milk.
- Prepare 2 of leftover chapati.
- It’s 2 tsp of Desi ghee.
- Prepare 5 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cardamom nutmeg powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of poppy seeds.
- You need 5 of Almonds.
Kheer or Payasam is a type of pudding from the Indian subcontinent, made by boiling milk and sugar with one of the following: rice, broken wheat, millet, tapioca, vermicelli, or sweet corn. It is flavoured with desiccated coconut, cardamom, raisins, saffron, cashews, pistachios, almonds or other dry fruits and nuts. It is typically served during a meal or as a dessert Rice Kheer recipe is the most famous kheer in North India. Chawal ki Kheer recipe, Rice pudding with detailed step by step photos.
Kheer step by step
- Make soft चुरा of lady over chapati in mixer.
- Heat ghee add chapati chura,saute for 1 minute on slow flame.
- Boil oil with sugar and Cardamom nutneg powder..
- Add this milk in sauted chapati chura.
- Mix well and let it boil for 2 minutes.
- Add roasted poppy seeds,almond chops, serve hot..
Rice Kheer is undoubtedly the King of Kheers! It is made all over India. Made by simmering rice and milk in heavy, large bronze vessels for a long time, this rice kheer has a rich taste and attractive pink colour that comes out of the natural thickening of milk. An Indian rice pudding served warm or cold and garnished with nuts. The inclusion of cardamom pods makes this global dessert distinctive.