Bread Pudding. Find Recipe For Simple Bread Pudding. Find Recipe For Simple Bread Pudding. The Best Spring Savings On Bread Pudding Recipe.
Also add a pinch of nutmeg and mace to produce a sumptuous holiday dessert. Otherwise, enjoy this just as it is with a dollop of whipped cream. Bread pudding is indeed an old-fashioned dessert, a comforting way to use up stale bread. You can cook Bread Pudding using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bread Pudding
- You need 1 loaf of French Bread.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Raisins.
- It’s 2 Cups of Maple Syrup.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Milk (or cream).
- Prepare 1 Tsp. of Orange extract.
- You need of Cinnamon.
- Prepare of Nutmeg.
- It’s 3 Tbs. of Butter.
- You need 2 Tbs. of Honey.
Any type of bread makes a neutral base for a flavorful custard; use day-old sliced whole-wheat, raisin or sourdough. Chewy dried fruit adds a contrasting texture to the tender softness of the pudding. In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
Bread Pudding instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a saucepan, add syrup, honey, milk, nutmeg, cinnamon and orange extract. Whisk. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. While doing that, prepare your bread by cubing it. Also, melt butter in a small pot on low heat..
- Simmer the syrup for 5 minutes, whisking occasionally. Move to a pan to allow to cool. Transfer bread and raisins into a large bowl..
- Beat three eggs. Add melted butter to bread and raisins followed by the eggs. Mix throughly. Move to a oven safe pan (preferably and cast-iron skillet)..
- Hopefully your syrup is cooled. If it has, pour it all over the bread. Arrange the bread to get maximum absorption..
- Place in the oven and bake for roughly 40 minutes. Place a pan under the bread pudding to catch any spillage. The syrup will bubble while baking and should produce a seductive dessert. Garnish with mint. Enjoy..
Equal parts creamy and textured, it makes for a great comfort food. Here are some of the best bread pudding recipes from the FN chefs straight to. I have included the brown sugar sauce and lemon sauce recipes to serve with this pudding. Add the sugar and mix until dissolved. Pour the liquid over the bread.