Steamed egg pudding. Get Egg Pudding today with Drive Up, Pick Up or Same Day Delivery. Steamed egg pudding (香滑炖蛋) is a delicious and comfort Chinese dessert. It was my most favourite treat growing up, as my mum always made this for us everytime we yearn for a sweet dessert.
This Cantonese Steamed Milk Egg Pudding (双皮奶 – shuang pi nai) is almost like a Chinese version of Creme Brulee, but without the crunchy sugar top. Lightly sweet and creamy, this dessert can be served with whatever toppings you like–fresh fruit, toasted nuts, granola, you name it. And it's ridiculously easy to make. You can cook Steamed egg pudding using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Steamed egg pudding
- Prepare 1 of large duck egg. Yes duck :).
- Prepare 2 of large chicken eggs.
- Prepare of Salt and white pepper.
- Prepare 2 cups of lukewarm water.
- You need touch of Garlic oil for final.
- Prepare of Salt and white pepper or chicken powder.
There are many kinds of pudding we cook in our country like as rice pudding,bread pudding, custard, jelly etc. Here I have made a caramelized milk pudding with. Steamed egg pudding is a highly versatile dessert, when served hot, it is a perfect comfort dessert, and can also be served cold if preferred. Traditionally, steamed egg pudding is made with eggs, milk, sugar and water.
Steamed egg pudding instructions
- Prep your steamer with water and heat it up. Stat!.
- Crack your eggs into a large prep bowl..
- Add the lukewarm water stir it gently and season with salt and pepper and chicken powder. What you are trying to achieve is a milky liquid. Tips: do not whisk the liquid..
- When everything is combine prep a fresh ceramic or heat proof medium large bowl, get your strainer. Pour strain the liquid into the bowl..
- Steam for 10-15 minutes (goal : silky pudding texture) put off the heat take it out and put the garlic oil on top. Serve while it's hot. Here in the picture is just my variation because i have dried shrimp left over but the original recipe only use garlic oil..
For my gluten free recipe, I am using eggs, lite coconut milk, water, agave syrup and maple syrup. STEAMED EGG PUDDING: It is a healthier version of pudding. It is popular in Islamic functions. Gently pour egg mixture into steaming bowls to avoid creating any foams or bubbles. Chinese sweet steamed egg pudding is an easy steamed dessert that tastes like creme brulee without the crunchy top!