Leche Flan. Compare Prices on Llanera For Leche Flan in Bakeware. Leche Flan is a dessert made-up of eggs and milk with a soft caramel on top. It resembles crème caramel and caramel custard.
Leche flan is popular Filipino dessert composed of custard atop a pool of easy homemade caramel, baked in a flan mold to creamy perfection. Leche flan can be cooked in one large shallow bowl and cut into squares or wedges to serve. Alternatively, it can be cooked in smaller single-serve ramekins. You can have Leche Flan using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Leche Flan
- It’s 10 of egg yolks (from large eggs).
- You need 14 oz of condensed milk (397g).
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of granulated white sugar.
Leche flan is perfect by itself, but it can be served in many other ways. It is a popular topping for iced desserts in the Philippines like maiz con hielo and halo-halo. Leche Flan is the ultimate sweet treat! Learn the secret to making a very smooth and silky leche flan you could ever make.
Leche Flan instructions
- Prepare steamer by boiling 2 liters of water..
- Set molds on the stove under low-heat setting. Add sugar and gently swirl using until it caramelizes. Set aside to cool and harden on a flat surface..
- Whisk yolks in a bowl. Add condensed milk and vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly..
- Pour mixture into molds. Cover with foil..
- Steam for 20 mins..
- Using a knife, thin spatula, trace lining of molds to loosen the flan. Put serving plate on top and turn upside down. Tapping the bottom of the mold helps to transfer flan to the plate..
- Set aside to cool then serve. (Best served cool.).
Leche Flan or what is known as Spanish Flan outside the Philippines is a traditional Filipino dessert made of evaporated milk, condensed milk, and egg yolks. To make leche flan, start by making caramel by melting sugar in a pan. Then, pour the caramel into a small, round baking dish. In a separate bowl, mix condensed milk, evaporated milk, and eggs. Once the mixture is light and fluffy, pour it into the baking dish over the caramel.