Instant Pot Rice pudding. Rice pudding is a delicious and easy to make dessert recipe! Make the best creamy, old fashioned rice pudding recipe quicker and easier using a pressure cooker or Instant Pot. This recipe for the best pressure cooker rice pudding is comfort food at its best.
Add milk, water, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt and stir well. While rice is cooking, whisk eggs with half and half and vanilla. Just a few ingredients and it's great served either warm or cold. You can have Instant Pot Rice pudding using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Rice pudding
- Prepare 1 cup of Arborio rice.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 2 cups of whole milk, divided*.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of raisins.
Let's get started on how to make creamy rice pudding in Instant Pot!! Save time and make Rich & Super Creamy Instant Pot Rice Pudding in pressure cooker! Rice pudding is a comfort dessert. It reminds me of Sunday night dinners.
Instant Pot Rice pudding step by step
- In pressure cooking pot, combine rice, water, and salt. Lock the lid in place and select High Pressure and 3 minutes cook time. When beep sounds turn off pressure cooker and use a natural pressure release for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, release any remaining pressure with a quick pressure release..
- Add 1 1/2 cups milk and sugar to rice in pressure cooking pot; stir to combine..
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk eggs with remaining 1/2 cup milk and vanilla. Pour through a fine mesh strainer into pressure cooking pot. Select sauté and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture starts to boil. Turn off pressure cooker. Remove pot from the pressure cooker. Stir in raisins..
- Pudding will thicken as it cools. Serve warm or pour into serving dishes and chill..
- Served topped with whipped cream, and a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg, if desired..
Rice pudding is a low budget dessert and tastes so good. When making Rice Pudding in the Instant Pot, it takes all the guesswork out of making rice pudding and lets you make it in half the time. This Instant Pot rice pudding is a basic recipe and can be adjusted to your needs and liking. Creamy and healthy, this Instant Pot rice pudding recipe is also easy and convenient! Made from scratch using whole ingredients, with this simple recipe you won't have to stand over the stove top for hours, constantly stirring the pot!