Semiya Payasam / Seviya Kheer. You can adjust the consistency of the payasam, based on your preference. Note, that once the Semiya Payasam cools down, the semiya will begin to absorb all the milk and get thicker as well. Semiya payasam / Sheer Khurma / Vermicelli Kheer is a delicious Indian dessert – it's rich, delicate, creamy and extremely delicious!
In North India it is popular though with different name Sevaiyan ki kheer if I am not wrong. Seviyan Kheer / Vermicelli Kheer / Semiyan Payasam made in the Instant Pot. This is a creamy and delicious pudding made with vermicelli, milk and sugar, infused with aromatic saffron, cardamom, nuts and raisins. You can cook Semiya Payasam / Seviya Kheer using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Semiya Payasam / Seviya Kheer
- You need 1 Cup of Semiya.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Condensed Milk.
- You need 2-3 of Cardamom pods crushed.
- It’s of Mixed Nuts.
- You need 1 1/2 Cup of Milk.
- You need of Ghee.
- You need 1 pinch of Saffron.
Normally I prepare sweet dishes only on special occasions or when I have guests or friends at home. Easy and quick recipe for Semiya Payasam. Semiya Payasam is a popular dessert for lunch made by south Indians for all festivals like Tamil new year and Onam. No south indian meal is complete without a sweet ending of Payasam.
Semiya Payasam / Seviya Kheer instructions
- In a pan add some ghee and dry roast the semiya and then add the milk and cook for while. Add more milk if needed and add saffron..
- Once semiya is cooked add the sugar and condensed milk and cook for while. Once done add the cardamom and roasted nuts and mix well..
- Serve hot or cold both taste good..
I love it all. seviyan kheer recipe semiya kheer or vermicelli kheer with detailed photo and video recipe. a simple vermicelli noodles or semiya based dessert pudding filled with thickened milk and dry fruits. it is perhaps one of the simple indian dessert recipe relished for small or big occasions by amateur or professional chefs. kheer recipes are generally served during the meal or can. A South Indian variation to this kheer is semiya payasam. You check the recipe here – Semiya payasam. If you are allergic to dairy or are a vegan then you can have a look at this Vegan vermicelli kheer made with cashew and almond milk.