Cinnamon toast bread pudding. Cinnamon French Toast Bread Pudding. goop. Cook it in a pretty dish and it can go straight from the oven to the table. Repeat layers once more with remaining bread cubes, cinnamon-sugar mixture, and apples.
What better way to use up bread that's past it's prime than to bake it up into a bread pudding? This particular bread pudding is made from the last bit of my Cinnamon Crunch Skillet Bread from last weekend, so it already had the cinnamon crunch topping on it. Dump in the sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. You can have Cinnamon toast bread pudding using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cinnamon toast bread pudding
- Prepare 1 loaf of cinnamon bread, cubed.
- It’s 4 cups of milk.
- You need 4 of eggs beaten.
- You need 1/3 cup of sugar.
- You need Splash of vanilla.
- It’s 1 cup of raisins, optional.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter, melted.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
Tear bread into chunks (or cut into cubes) and evenly distribute in the pan. In a medium sized bowl, mix together eggs, milk, cream, sugar, and vanilla. Cover tightly and store in the fridge for several hours or overnight. In a separate bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
Cinnamon toast bread pudding step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Put cubed bread And raisins in a large mixing bowl. In another bowl, whisk the milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt..
- Pour custard over bread and stir to coat. Allow the bread to soak a bit then stir again. Do this until most of the liquid is absorbed. I take about 30 minutes allowing it to absorb..
- Butter a casserole dish. Once the liquid is absorbed into the bread, pour it into the casserole and bake for about 30 minutes. Take out of the oven..
- Increase the oven temp to 375. Combine melted butter and brown sugar and pour evenly over the top. Put back in the oven and cook another 10 minutes or so. It’s done when a toothpick comes out clean..
Using spatula, lightly press down on bread to moisten completely. Bread pudding may seem like an odd choice for dessert in July since it's usually winter comfort food. Cinnamon Bread Pudding is fantastic served cold. Now, if you've never had cold Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bread Pudding. This recipe might be one of our BEST yet.