Banana Pudding. Find Out How To Make Delicious Pudding. Blend in condensed milk until smooth. Stir in vanilla and fold in whipped topping.
In a large saucepan, mix sugar, flour and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Here in the South, nearly every family has their own spin on the crowd favorite, and there's not a tailgate party, church potluck, or family gathering without it on the menu. You can cook Banana Pudding using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana Pudding
- You need 35-45 of Nilla Wafers.
- You need 5-6 of medium size ripe bananas sliced.
- It’s 3/4 cup of sugar divided.
- You need 1/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s Dash of salt.
- Prepare 4 of eggs, separated, at room temperature.
- It’s 2 cups of milk.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Optional : top with additional nilla wafers or try my never fail meringue.
Banana pudding is a crowd-pleasing dessert that's surprisingly easy to make. Banana pudding doesn't ask for much. Vanilla pudding, sliced bananas, and fluffy meringue or whipped cream—these are the pillars upon which banana pudding is built. Essentially all banana pudding is, is layers of cookies, bananas, and pudding!
Banana Pudding step by step
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar,flour and salt in top of double boiler. Stir in 4 egg yolks and milk; blend well..
- Cook, uncovered, over boiling water, stirring constantly; 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla..
- Spread small amount on bottom of 1 and 1/2 quart casserole dish; cover with layer of nilla wafers. Top with layer of sliced bananas. Continue to layer wafers, bananas and custard to make 3 layers of each, ending with custard..
- Now you can stop here and just add additional wafers to the top and enjoy or make a meringue to cover the top by beating the egg whites until stiff but not dry; gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Cover top of pudding spread to cover entire surface. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until slightly browned. Cool slightly and eat or refrigerate..
- If you don't have much luck making meringue, reference my recipe for Never Fail Pie Meringue..
Add the remaining whole egg to the yolks. Banana pudding is one of our all-time favorite desserts. Magnolia Bakery Banana Pudding is a heavenly dessert made up of layers of creamy vanilla pudding, bananas, and Nilla Wafers. It's the very recipe that the famous New York City bakery uses! This delicious and easy recipe is sure to become a family favorite!