Custard Rice Pudding. Buy Groceries at Amazon & Save. Add milk, sugar, vanilla and salt. Extra Info: The milk in New Zealand is not watered down, still has cream in it, making it a creamy rice pudding.
Rice isn't only for serving as a side dish or throwing at weddings! It's also a main ingredient in this to-die-for dessert. Our Baked Custard Rice Pudding is a traditional, custard-style pudding that can be served hot or chilled. You can cook Custard Rice Pudding using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Custard Rice Pudding
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanillia.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 4 cups of milk.
- It’s 4 cups of cooked minute rice (2 cups dry).
- You need 2 cups of water (for rice).
- You need 1 cup of raisins.
Stir pudding, then sprinkle with cinnamon to taste. Let cool slightly and serve warm or refrigerate and serve chilled. One version of rice pudding is made in a saucepan and the end result is similar in taste to store-bought rice pudding or "arroz con leche". It's milky, and kind of thick and mushy and pretty tasty.
Custard Rice Pudding instructions
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place a 9×13 pan that is half full of water under the rack you will cook the rice. Let the pan heat with the oven..
- Follow the minute rice directions and prepare rice in the microwave..
- In a dish, add eggs, sugar and salt. Beat slightly to mix..
- Stir in milk, and add vanillia..
- Pour the mixture into a 3 qt baking dish, and add the cooked rice and 1 cup of raisins and stir gently..
- Gently sprinkle nutmeg on top to taste..
- Place in the oven over the pan of water. Cook at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. When finished it should look gelatinous..
The other, old fashioned type of rice pudding is a baked, custard-style rice pudding. This version gets my vote every. single. time. Making this creamy and comforting dessert is a snap, and it's a great way to use up leftover rice. Creamy, luscious rice pudding is beloved everywhere! Coconut Milk Rice Pudding "Love it!