Leche Flan. Compare Prices on Llanera For Leche Flan in Bakeware. Leche flan is popular Filipino dessert composed of custard atop a pool of easy homemade caramel, baked in a flan mold to creamy perfection. Leche Flan is a dessert made-up of eggs and milk with a soft caramel on top.
It has been a regular item in the menu of most restaurants because of its taste, ease in preparation and long shelf life. Leche flan can be cooked in one large shallow bowl and cut into squares or wedges to serve. Alternatively, it can be cooked in smaller single-serve ramekins. You can have Leche Flan using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Leche Flan
- It’s 1 can of condense milk.
- Prepare 375 ml of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 9 of egg yolk.
- It’s of Vanilla.
- You need 1 cup of sugar for syrup.
Leche flan is perfect by itself, but it can be served in many other ways. It is a popular topping for iced desserts in the Philippines like maiz con hielo and halo-halo. Leche Flan is the ultimate sweet treat! Learn the secret to making a very smooth and silky leche flan you could ever make.
Leche Flan step by step
- Mix all the ingredient. Egg yolk, condense, evaporated milk and vanilla..
- For the syrup- In llanera, place 3 tablespoons sugar. Set llanera over the stove on low heat and using tongs, move llanera repeatedly over flames until sugar is melted and golden. Remove from heat and allow caramel to cool and harden..
- Pour strained mixture in the prepared Llanera..
- Steam the mixture for 30 to 45 mins. Allow it to cool..
Leche Flan or what is known as Spanish Flan outside the Philippines is a traditional Filipino dessert made of evaporated milk, condensed milk, and egg yolks. To make leche flan, start by making caramel by melting sugar in a pan. Then, pour the caramel into a small, round baking dish. In a separate bowl, mix condensed milk, evaporated milk, and eggs. Once the mixture is light and fluffy, pour it into the baking dish over the caramel.