Baked Caramel and Dulce de Leche Flan.
You can have Baked Caramel and Dulce de Leche Flan using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked Caramel and Dulce de Leche Flan
- Prepare 5 of large eggs.
- Prepare 14 oz. of dulce de leche.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 can of evaporated milk (12 oz.).
- It’s 12 oz. of milk (use a evaporated milk can as a measurement).
- You need 3/4 cup of sugar.
Baked Caramel and Dulce de Leche Flan instructions
- Put the sugar in a non-stick heavy-duty saucepan over medium-low heat Cook it stirring until melted and golden.
- Quickly pour the caramel into an ungreased 8 x 4 inch round baking pan or bundt cake pan, tilt it to distribute and cover the entire baking pan with the caramel, (reserve).
- Heat the milk in the microwave for 2 minutes Add the dulce de leche, mix until dissolved (reserve, let cool).
- In a bowl beat the eggs Add the dulce de leche (reserved).
- The vanilla extract, the evaporated milk, mix well.
- Pour the mix over caramelized sugar reserved, cover with aluminum foil Place it into a larger baking pan filled with water, reserve Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the baking pan in the oven and cook it for 40-50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean Carefully remove it from the water to avoid burning yourself Let cool at room temperature for 1 hour Cover it and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- To unmold, run a knife around the edges, shake gently, cover the baking pan with a serving plate and turn over, shake gently to release.
- Serve cut into wedges on dessert plates and spoon sauce over each serving, keep it refrigerate.