Banana Pudding. Find Out How To Make Delicious Pudding. Find Deals on Banana Jello Pudding in Baking Supplies on Amazon. Blend in condensed milk until smooth.
Chef Zac Young combines two favorites into one luscious layered dessert. In a large saucepan, mix sugar, flour and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. You can have Banana Pudding using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Banana Pudding
- Prepare 2 of & 1/2 cups whole milk.
- It’s 2 of egg yolks.
- It’s 2/3 of white sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 1 of & 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.
- You need 1 container of cool whip.
- You need 2-3 of bananas.
- It’s of Nilla wafers.
Here in the South, nearly every family has their own spin on the crowd favorite, and there's not a tailgate party, church potluck, or family gathering without it on the menu. Banana pudding is a crowd-pleasing dessert that's surprisingly easy to make. Essentially all banana pudding is, is layers of cookies, bananas, and pudding! Add the remaining whole egg to the yolks.
Banana Pudding instructions
- In a large saucepan, mix together milk & yolks – turn stove onto mark 4..
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour & sugar then add to the egg/milk mixture..
- Stir it for 15 minutes straight, literally. (This part is tedious but definitely worthwhile, I promise.).
- After it's thickened, take off the heat & stir in the vanilla extract. Set aside..
- Slice the bananas..
- In an 8x8in or a 9x9in dish do alternating layers of the bananas, nilla wafers, cool whip & pudding..
- Cover with plastic wrap & refrigerate for a few hours or overnight..
Banana pudding doesn't ask for much. Vanilla pudding, sliced bananas, and fluffy meringue or whipped cream—these are the pillars upon which banana pudding is built. Banana pudding is one of our all-time favorite desserts. Banana pudding has long been a favorite Southern dessert, and this shortcut version is an excellent choice for a busy day. This easy and convenient banana pudding is made with instant pudding, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla wafers, whipped cream, and sliced bananas.