Milk pudding – mouhalabieh. Whatever You Need, Whatever You Want, Whatever You Desire, We Provide. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. I remember when I was a child my mum used to make this Middle Eastern milk pudding recipe infused with rose water, and always generously topped it with pistachios.
Milk pudding – mouhalabieh A simple, creamy and sweet milk-based pudding flavored with orange blossom water and topped with ground pistachios. The basic ingredients are rice, sugar, rice flour and milk. The dessert is popular in Turkey, Israel and other Mediterranean countries. You can have Milk pudding – mouhalabieh using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Milk pudding – mouhalabieh
- It’s 5 cups of milk.
- You need 3 1/2 tablespoons of cornstarch, dissolved in 1 cup milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of rose water.
- You need 1 tablespoon of orange blossom water.
- You need 1 cup of raw ground pistachios.
- You need of For garnishing:.
This pudding used to belong to the category: What your mother or grandmother will make at home. Now it is available in Beirut everywhere, in delis, at juice bars, coffee joints, even in supermarkets under a label. Put milk and sugar in a large pot and whisk until sugar is dissolved. Dissolve corn flour in water and add to the boiling milk.
Milk pudding – mouhalabieh step by step
- In a non-stick or stainless steel pot, put the milk, the dissolved cornstarch and vanilla sugar together. Place the pot on medium heat and stir until the mixture starts boiling..
- Reduce the heat, add the sugar and continue stirring for 10 more min..
- Turn off the heat then add the rose water and orange blossom water..
- Pour the mouhalabieh in serving bowls. Allow them to cool at room temperature for about 30 min then refrigerate for several hours..
- Garnish with raw ground pistachios and serve cold..
When the mixture is thick, remove from the heat. Add Al Wadi Al Akhdar Rose water and Orange blossom water. Adding a little milk to the cornflour, mix it into a smooth paste before adding it to the milk. Mahalabia recipe, a Middle Eastern Dessert, a milk pudding flavoured lightly with rose syrup or orange blossom water. Mohalabia is a popular Lebanese dessert that can be best described as a Milk Pudding, to those not familiar with it.