Orangey Bread Pudding with Streusel Topping. In a large bowl wisk together the eggs, milk, orange juice and zest, brown sugar, and cinnamon until well combined. Mix in rest of the ingredients and beat till well incorporated until it resembles a crumbly mixture. Orangey Bread Pudding with Streusel Topping instructions.
The raisins are optional, but I like them. Whisk together the eggs, milk, cream, granulated sugar, vanilla and salt in a. I wasn't sure about crumb topping on bread pudding but it was good! it was a little dry but I'll adjust to less bread next time. You can have Orangey Bread Pudding with Streusel Topping using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Orangey Bread Pudding with Streusel Topping
- Prepare 1/2 loaf of potato bread – cut to 1" cubes.
- It’s 4 of eggs – beaten.
- It’s 1 1/3 cups of milk.
- Prepare 1 of small Orange – zested and juiced.
- You need 1/3 cup of + 2 tbs brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s of Small splash of vanilla.
- You need of ~For the topping.
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter or coconut oil – chilled.
Add remaining batter, then sprinkle remaining streusel evenly over top. Next add the fruit, bread crumbs and orange rind. Fold in the flour and orange juice alternately. In a pudding mould, Layer the bottom with maple syrup.
Orangey Bread Pudding with Streusel Topping step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside..
- In a large bowl wisk together the eggs, milk, orange juice and zest, brown sugar, and cinnamon until well combined. Gently fold in bread cubes until all are coated and let rest 5-10 minutes..
- While bread rests, in a small bowl use a pastry cutter or fork to cut butter/coconut oil into brown sugar and flour to form a coarse crumble..
- Gently spoon bread mixture into loaf pan dispersing evenly. Give loaf pan a couple good taps on the counter to settle mixture into the corners..
- Sprinkle streusel evenly over the top. Bake uncovered 30-35 minutes. Serve with the optional sauce in notes below if desired. Enjoy!.
- See notes below ⤵.
- Note: Try this sauce drizzled over a slice! In a medium saucepan over medium heat melt 3 tbs butter with 3 tbs brown sugar, stirring constantly. When sugar is dissolved stir in one small can evaporated milk and 1 tsp vanilla. Heat to almost simmering and cook until sauce thickens stirring frequently, about 5 minutes..
Sprinkle the almond slivers on it. Pour the mixed pudding batter into the mold over the syrup it. Put a lid on the mold and put it in a rice cooker. Pour water in the cooker upto half the mould. Remove from oven when a skewer inserted near the center comes out clean, but there is still a little pudding on it.