Flan de Queso (Cream Cheese Flan). We are the original cream cheese. This smooth cream cheese flan topped with a golden brown caramel is an elegant dessert that can be baked and chilled until serving.. RUN a small knife around flan to loosen.
Creamy, rich and delicious, the flan de queso or cream cheese flan makes a great and quick dessert for a scrumptious grand finale of a dinner with friends or family. In my opinion, flan is one of the best desserts of Mexico besides the rice pudding, of course. Puerto Rican Flan de Queso: a rich and creamy cheesecake-like baked custard dessert that's not too sweet thanks to the slight tang of cream cheese. You can have Flan de Queso (Cream Cheese Flan) using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Flan de Queso (Cream Cheese Flan)
- You need 1 (8 oz) of cream cheese.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (about 14oz).
- Prepare 1 can of evaporated milk (about 12 oz).
- It’s 3/4 cup of sugar.
As if that wasn't enough, the entire flan is swimming in a pool of shimmering sugar caramel sauce! Beat cream cheese in a large bowl with a mixer at medium-high speed until soft. Add condensed milk, evaporated milk and vanilla; mix until combined. Cream Cheese Flan Flan de Queso is a smooth cream cheese custard topped with a decadent layer of homemade caramel.
Flan de Queso (Cream Cheese Flan) instructions
- Carmalize sugar over low heat in saucepan.
- Once browned immediately pour caramelized sugar into a 9 in baking dish/pan (making sure to get on sides of pan).
- Blend cream cheese, eggs, sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk until there are no clumps.
- Pour mixture into pan with caramelized sugar.
- Place baking pan with caramelized sugar into a bigger baking pan, pour enough water covering 3/4 of the 9in pan.
- For a more firm texture securely cover flan with aluminum foil***.
- Bake flan de queso for about an hour to an hour and a half (or until toothpick comes out clean when placed in center of flan) @ 350 degrees..
- Take pans out of oven. Remove the 9in pan from the pan with water and let flan cool at room temperature for about 45min to an hour.
- Cover pan with aluminum and place flan de queso in refrigerator. Leave for 4 hours or overnight..
- After leaving in the refrigerator, remove the aluminum and invert flan de queso onto a serving plate.
Serve chilled for a sweet finale to your next family dinner. A cross between flan and cheesecake this dessert provides the best of both worlds. Firmer than a traditional flan and creamier than a cheesecake cheese flan will be a hit with everyone. The Noshery Beat cream cheese in a large bowl with a mixer at medium-high speed until soft. Add condensed milk, evaporated milk, coconut cream, sugar and vanilla; mix until combined.