Grandmas banana pudding. Find Deals on Banana Jello Pudding in Baking Supplies on Amazon. You might think of it as an hours-long process to get the perfect dessert for the church potluck or a quick treat to whip up with pre-made ingredients like Cool Whip and Jell-O pudding. My husband thinks of this recipe as the former and his childhood favorite dessert made by his grandmother.
Spoon on top of pudding, spreading to cover entire surface. and sealing well to edges. Just before serving, garnish with banana slices, then insert vanilla wafers upright around edge of dish. Whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, pudding mix, half-and-half, sour cream and. You can have Grandmas banana pudding using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grandmas banana pudding
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 4 cups of milk.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 6 of egg yolk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 box of vanilla wafers.
- Prepare 4 of bananas.
Just Like Grandma's Banana Pudding features homemade vanilla custard, sliced bananas, vanilla wafers, and toasted meringue, so it is simply irresistible. Even if you're intimidated by the idea of making custard from scratch, this detailed recipe makes the whole process a breeze. Grandma's Banana Pudding from scratch….there just aint' nothin' like this out there that tastes so good! This is the most requested food dish that family members ask me to bring to holiday get-togethers and any other time I can.
Grandmas banana pudding step by step
- Cover entire bottom & sides of a 9×13 baking dish with vanilla wafers. Cut up 3-4 bananas and lay pieces on top of wafers, covering the bottom..
- Mix flour, sugar & salt together in a sauce pan. Add milk & stir until dissolved. Heat mixture over high heat (never stop stirring) until boiling. Reduce heat to medium & keep stirring for 45 seconds. Remove completely from heat. (keep stirring) Pour 1/4 (give or take) of pudding mixture into a bowl with your egg yolks & mix well. Now pour your egg mixture into your sauce pan with the pudding mixture & add vanilla extract. Stir that together. Don't stop stirring!! You want it to thicken up some..
- Pour pudding mixture in baking dish over bananas & vanilla wafers. Place remaining vanilla wafers on top of pudding & pour crumbs on top. Refridgerate for at least 20 minutes..
I have always tripled the recipe. I am going to try this recipe for sure! Banana pudding is a crowd-pleasing dessert that's surprisingly easy to make. Dump meringue on top of prepared banana pudding mixture and spread out to the edges and seal to the edge using a spatula. Sealing is important as the meringue will shrink from the edges if you don't.