Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce.
You can have Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce using 21 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce
- You need of bread pudding.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter, to grease baking dish.
- Prepare 1 lb of loaf of French or Italian bread.
- Prepare 2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 4 cup of whole milk.
- You need 6 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 4 1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of raisins.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
- Prepare of whiskey sauce.
- You need 2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 3/4 cup of bourbon or whiskey.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce step by step
- NOTE: Some will want to know if they can cut calories and fat by substituting for the butter, cream, whole milk, eggs. Simple answer, NO. This is a bad-for-you, make-you-moan, decadent, delicious dessert meant to be prepared as written. If you want/need something healthy, this just isn't for you..
- Tear the bread into 1-inch pieces and place in a very large bowl..
- Grease a 9 by 13-inch baking dish with the butter and set aside..
- Combine the heavy cream, milk, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk to mix. Stir in the raisins and pecan pieces..
- Pour the cream mixture over the bread, and stir to combine. The spices tend to stick to the bowl, so be sure to scrape all the spices into the bowl of bread too. Allow the mixture to sit at room tempTeerature for 1 hour so most of the cream mixture is absorbed by the bread..
- Carefully pour the bread mixture to the buttered baking dish and bake in a 350° F oven until the center of the bread pudding is set, about 1 hour. While it's baking, prepare the whiskey sauce..
- In a 1-quart saucepan over medium heat, combine the cream, milk, and sugar..
- In a measuring cup, whisk together the whiskey and cornstarch. Pour into the pan with the cream mixture and continue cooking, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and stir in the butter & the pinch of salt..
- When the bread pudding is done baking, allow to sit and partially cool, for 10 to 15 minutes. Plate servings, while warm, and top with warm whiskey sauce. It's also excellent with a shot of whipped cream (aerosol can type) on top of the whiskey sauce! Killer good!!.